twenty - one ; first game

People eventually stopped looking at me weirdly, but the whistles were on going. If I heard another one, they would be sent to Madame Pomfrey in a hurry.

I made my way out to the roaring of the crowd. Quidditch was today and I wasn't planning on losing. The Ravenclaws were already up and circled around.

Flint turned to us before we went off. "Alright. Like I said before, look out for the new beater. I heard he sent a player to Madame Pomfrey once, and it wasn't any normal injury; they were lucky to be alive." I gulped at the thought. "But we're not here to get all worked up over a git. We're here to not only beat those ravens, but to earn the cup. Besides, green and silver beat blue and bronze any day am I right?" And with that everyone cheered. Flint said one last thing but I didn't pay attention. We were off.

The game was going well. It was Slytherin - 80 and Ravenclaw - 50. No one got hurt so far. But my prediction was wrong quite soon.

I was heading straight for the goal posts with the quaffle in my arm. I flew for a Ravenclaw that wasn't moving, and so before he could move last minute, I jumped over him-landing on my broom after. The Slytherins cheered, but the other houses barely did. I made the goal, sending my team another ten points. I flew by Adrian and he gently kissed me on the lips before going for the quaffle again. "LOVE IS ON THE FIELD TODAY!" I could hear the announcer say, I blushed as the crowd 'ooh'd. I couldn't help but feel like someone was staring at me, and I was right. Malfoy gave me a sad but disgusted look. Wait- what was that?

A bludger was sent to him but he didn't see it. I quickly flew to him and hit the bludger back with my side. Before letting out a scream, I could see Malfoy looking at me shocked. I couldn't stand the pain anymore and my whole body was numb. I began swaying on my broom and I heard the muffle of the announcer saying something about me. I wasn't able to notice how far we were off the ground, so I slipped off my broom, thinking it was going to be a few feet. I looked up to the sky, taking a glance at Draco zooming down to me. Before it all went black...

"ARESTO MOMENTUM!"

***

"Will she be okay?"

"Yes Mr. Pucey I've told you for the 3rd time this minute!"

"I can't believe she did that."

"Just be glad she did Malfoy, without her you might just be in this bed right now."

"I didn't say I wasn't glad! Just be glad I caught her!"

"You didn't catch her-"

"Will you both shut up! She's waking."

I hear the sounds of my team when I flutter my eyes open. Why is it that I'm always in this bed? I look around to take a glance at my team mates who surrounded me. Draco and Adrian were at the foot of the bed, frozen in what seemed to be an argument. I sat up in my bed but found myself falling back in pain. Everyone moved as if to catch me. I slowly pulled up my sleeve to see my skin covered in dry blood and purple bruises. Was it that bad? I turn back to everyone, "What happened?" Was the first thing I needed to know.

Adrian ran towards my side, shoving Goyle in the process. "Oh thank Merlin you're alright." He softly kissed my forehead before continuing, "You got hit by a bludger pretty badly."

"Yeah I've figured that out," I said trying to lighten the mood. I find a small smile on his face, "So did we win?" I say trying to open my eyes fully.

The teams lets out a silent laugh before Zabini steps in, "You save my mate and get your bones crushed, and that's what you're worried about?"

I nod slowly, "I may be crippled at the moment but I'm still competitive." That's when I realized something, "Wait..." I say capturing his attention again. "Who did I..." I tried to finish the sentence but I knew they got the hint anyways.