Chapter 6

Stella 
"I'll be back later" he continued.

I heard him leave the room and shut the door. The room felt empty, what was I supposed to do now?

In a flash, I slipped on some shoes and decided the explore this castle he called a house. I exited the room and stumbled upon dull halls that engulfed me. The left side of the halls were numbered with windows that opened. I was tired, both mentally and physically exhausted. My life shifted in a moment and I was struggling to grasp everything.

The windows let out a silver light the moon put up in the dark sky. I looked out of the window and saw the sky was littered with stars. I slumped against the wall onto the ground, looking at the sky from a side view.

I don't remember at what point my eyes started to feel heavy, and I fell into a deep slumber.

Dante 
I raced to the warehouse, and the faster I seemed to go, it felt like my thoughts kept the same pace.

I thought about why I even asked her to stay with me, or why I wanted to help her, or why every time I looked into those eyes it felt like I was slowly falling into a pool of gold. Why do I even feel anything for her?

As I arrived to my building, I raced in and my eyes fell on the first person I saw. "Jayda where's Kai?" I questioned her with an annoyed tone.

"Hey Dante" she exclaimed smiling. Jayda was the type of girl that always found something funny, or had that disturbing smile on her face no matter the situation.

"Jayda I'm not in the mood for this shit, now where's Kai?" I demanded, I hated to ask twice.
"He's on the lower floor in the meeting room with Zack and Lilian. Always so serious?" She remarked smiling and gave me a friendly punch on the shoulder while laughing.

"Jayda you know how I get when my hostages escape, and don't touch me again or I'll put you on janitorial service" I said coldly while walking to an elevator.

Jayda was someone I couldn't threaten to kill when she got on my nerves, she was just that kinda person I guess. It's like trying to tame a wild animal, doesn't always work.

Before I reached the elevator I turned around and began to speak, "Jayda, the girl, Stella, she's at my house right now. Go over for a bit and keep her occupied or some shit, I don't want her there alone" I told her.

"Ohhhh she's at your house, haha. I didn't know you were like that boss man, you know I rea-" as Jayda was talking I entered the elevator and left. She really annoyed the shit out of me sometimes.

I got to the meeting room and walked into Kai, Lilian and Zack sitting down addressing things on paper. Lilian was a fairly tall girl, with jet black hair and tanned skin with dark brown eyes.

Zack had a reddish hair color and green eyes.

Both of them worked on the technological aspect of my "job", hacking and getting us online info and countless other related tasks was their specialty. Lilian, however, went on jobs as well.

"Boss" Lilian and Zack both said addressing me. "Kai, fill me in" I said sitting down.

"Jason was on his way here with Vladimir in the back but was quickly confronted by 3 other cars with men with guns in them, the rest is obvious" he answered.

"And they were his men for sure?" I questioned. "Most likely yes" Lilian spoke up, "Me and Zack are following cameras and license plates right now trying to figure out where they went" she continued.

"And gathering more info about what we're facing" Zack added. The meeting went on and time seemed to stop every time Stella's name was brought up.

It seemed she was more connected to this problem than I thought, apparently Vladimir had some sick obsession. It made me mad.

I knew this meeting was far from over the deeper we got into detail about Stella and what secrets she hid.

Stella POV:
I woke up to the feeling of hard marble not being present underneath me, instead a warm bed. I heard someone start humming my name.

"Stelllaaaaaa" I heard my name drag on. I fluttered my eyes open to see a girl looking into my eyes with what seemed to be curiosity. I was back in the room.

I jolted up and fell of the bed. "Ow" I muttered. "You know, your lucky, getting this nice bed to yourself. And Dante" I heard her say sheepishly.

"Who are you" I managed to spit out, "chill, Dante sent me to occupy you or something like that" she said smiling, filled with mischievousness.

She had dirty blonde hair and green eyes. She stuck out her hand, "I'm Jayda" she said softly smiling. I reached her hand and shook it back.

I couldn't tell what laid ahead of me that night. But oh I was in for a world of Jayda. Or what she called, "occupying me".