Chapter 23

"Sometimes you don't realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness"

-Susan Gale.

Chapter 23

The sound of snow crunching under my boots was blocked out by my heart pounding in my ears.

I had called one of Javier's men through an anonymous tip saying I wanted to Join.

They were made aware of who I was and that one of Dante's henchmen were tagging along with me to join. Jason was sent to another location to be recruited and tested, while I was walking to mine right now from the car that picked me up

I was forced out of the car into a deserted junkyard, no one was around except for the scraps and musty odor of rotted metal.

I dressed in jeans, combat boots, and a black sweater.

I stood still and shoved my hands into my pockets, waiting for someone to show up.

I watched for days before I left as Dante's heart hurt more and more, I promised I would stay safe and would try and contact him as soon as I could.

The fact that I would see my 2 mortal enemies soon and had to impose that I wanted to join them made me gag, but

I don't wanna sleep afraid anymore.

Rest of scene is in 3rd POV

Stella stood still, awaiting a sign of any movement.

She picked up the small noise of snow breaking under someone's foot an jumped back milliseconds before a bullet flew past her face. Her senses being as sharp as any assassin

"Guess Boss was right" a raspy voice sounded out. A man stepped from behind an old car, his hair was dark red and short, his eyes were dark brown and seemed to lurk with unsatisfied curiosity.

"Yeah, I should've known Javier was still as sketch as ever" Stella muttered, she realized this was her test.

The man slid a long object wrapped in black across the snow covered ground.

Stella raised her eyebrow and mugged the man slightly, not ripping her eyes from him as she picked it up.

She unwrapped it carefully and her eyes widened at what was before her, a long sword. It's silver blade reflected the sky above perfectly, and it's handle was wrapped in a black wrap of sorts.

"Didn't know swords were outdated yet" she yelled to the man across from her.

Stella thought the sword was archaic, but nonetheless had to make it work for whatever reason.

The man shot at her again and she blocked the bullet so it bounced from the swords blade onto a car, not looking up from the sword once.

Stella smirked and looked up to see the man frowning, a surprised look on his face. She twirled the handle effortlessly through her fingers and pointed it downwards right with both hands on the handle.

Javier's goon realized that Stella would be no easy match as his grip on his gun loosened.

He sighed and tossed his gun aside, pulling out 2 twin Combat knives from his combat pant pockets.

He launched himself at Stella and tried to swipe at her chest, she just frowned slightly and turned her body one step so that she avoided him easily

Stella was disappointed that her match had been picked out of obvious random, he showed no skill on any level as hers. She cursed Javier as she readjusted her position.