Chapter 32:

A/N: I'm sorry ya'll :((((

As Mia stepped into the subway, she wrapped her black coat around her slender body. Stella had been in her mind often, she knew what was currently taking place between her and Javier.

Stella called her whenever possible, assured her her safety and love. But she couldn't help but worry, she was practically her daughter. Mia found it odd that no one but her was on the subway that morning to commute to work, was there some holiday she wasnt aware of?.

As the subway progressed further into the underground tunnels, two figures stepped into the section and approached her slwoly. Mia frowned and tried to ignore them, but her breathing hitched when a silver light glinted into her eye. She looked slwowly to the right to see one holding a knife up, "Mia Ramirez?" one asked. "Who's asking?" she said shakily.

The one who talked nodded to the one holding the knife, before it disappeared into her chest. Her body stilled in shock, before she was filled with indescribable pain. She chocked on her own words as he ripped it out of her chest, blood splattering everywhere around them.

They both ran out as Mia fell to the ground in a puddle of blood as the life slowly began to seep from her existence. As her pool of blood got bigger with every small breath she took, images of Josie, Stella, and Rosa began to flash in her eyes.

The memory of Stella's graduation day popped in her head, she remembered how proud she was. Stella's face was lit with excitement as she snapped photos of her in her gown.

She smiled to herself as countless others raced in her head, Christmas, Birthdays, Dinners, Movie Nights. She was brought the joy of a child by Stella that her own body couldn't give her. And for that she was thankful, thankful at how she had grown, and that'd now she knew Dante would be able to set her demons free.

She whispered her last words as death took her.

"Goodbye, and Hello"

*************************************

I sat across from the teary eyed woman, the table set with multiple coffee mugs and liquor bottles. Josie cried into her hands as I fumbled with the paper underneath the table, I had gotten alert of a murder at the subway earlier in the morning.

It should've been anyone but Mia, it had to.

I don't know how I'd tell Stella, I had no clue how this would break her and I'd pray to god it wouldn't. Kai, Jay, and Zack all stood behind me with their heads down in respect, Lilian and Jayda walked Josie to her bedroom to comfort her in private.

"This was public on purpose, whoever killed her wanted us to see" I said, turning to face the three men. They all sat down beside me, "But who?" Zack asked. "Could it have been, Javier?" Jay asked. I froze as I began to piece things in my head together.

This had been easy, almost too easy, everything had been working out fine. First, it was the oldest sister, Stella's mom Rosa, then Mia, next, Stella.

Javier knew the possibility that Stella was  a spy, anyone would. And with every step we took he would get closer to the truth, this was a warning. I looked up to Zack, his red hair was messy with countless hours of work in front of a computer. "Zack, could we attack tomorrow night?" I asked to see if we even had a remote chance at surviving.

"I thought you had your heart set on for Wednesday night next week" Jay stated, his face creasing in confusion. "My heart has never been set on anything except one person, and right now she's an inch away from being caught" I stated. Zack looked down with calculating eyes before looking up again, "We'd have to be very calculating, but, yes" He sighed.