Chapter 29

The moment my eyes opened up was one I regretted instantly.

It felt like my head had experienced a natural disaster and this was the aftermath.

Thank god the lights were off, or else who ever brought me here had hell to pay.

I struggled to sit up, every time I moved it was like my heart was in my head. I reached for my phone and turned it on, lowering the brightness as much as possible.

I was back in my room at the house, it was day outside but the curtains hid any trace of light successfully.

I was about to call Jason but my door opened and closed quietly.

I looked up expecting to see anyone else except Vladimir.

He strode in without a care in the world, his blonde hair messy and flopping every step he took towards me.

"You have 5 seconds to get the hell out" I growled.

"Now, now Stella calm down" he said, he took a moment to look at me before continuing.

"This brings back memories, you being powerless and me doing whatever I wanted to to you" he said, a sadistic smile on his face.

"Get the fuck out"

"Especially when I took your innocence from you, I loved that day most. I loved hearing your screams and pleads for me to stop while-"

"I SAID GET OUT!" I screamed, throwing whatever I could at him.

He had me pinned against the headboard, "Now listen to me Stella, and you fucking listen good. I'm sure you're up to no good, prancing in here with your little friend. I'll find out what you're really doing here, and then I'll take you all for myself once again" he said looking dead into my eyes, twirling my hair in his hand.

He got off of me and smiled, "Take an ibuprofen, it'll help with the pain" he said walking out.

By then tears of frustration were rolling down my face, I stayed in bed like that for a good 15 minutes until Jason knocked.

"Come in" I said, my voice muffled by pillows.

He walked in with bags, "Brought food" he said sitting down on the edge of my bed, he looked up and his eyes widened at my tear brimmed ones.

"Hey what's wrong?"

"Nothing, just thinking of all the ways I'm going to kill Vladimir" I replied.

****************

"Mind explaining what the hell went on last night?"

"Chinese were there, intentions unknown" I answered, spinning slightly in one of Javier's chairs.

"The hell happen to your head?" He asked, aggravation clear in his voice. "Got hit by one of their men when I called it off, whole place blew up" I said, stopping to face him.

"What do you think?" He asked, rubbing his goatee.

"Maybe we were set up, maybe you've got a rat" I answered, the last part a little more sharp then I meant.

I definitely didn't miss what Vladimir said earlier, if I bring it to Javier's attention that there is a possibility of a rip in his little system he can dedicate half his time to it and I can control where this may lead to me and Jason, our operation wise.

"Like who?" He asked, spinning a pen in his hand. "I dunno your men, you figure it out" I murmured.

"And everything else?" He asked, slamming a few papers down on his desk.

"You've got a meeting request with the Brazilians. Most likely with Narcotics, you've been slow lately so they probably wanna know what's up" I said shrugging.

Javier didn't participate much in firearms, but drugs instead. Not dime bags of weed, but Heroin, Crack, you name it.

It was a dirty business, so it was perfect for him.

"Good, confirm it. Also go see if you can talk to, what's her name, Jade or something. Maybe she'll talk" he said.

I nodded, a distasteful look about to make it's way onto my face.

I shut the door and went downstairs once again.

The musty odors hit me like a brick and I pulled my shirt over my nose as I walked through the rows of cells, trying my best not to bust these people out right here.

I approached Jayda's cell and opened it hastily.

I waited until the guard passed by to talk. "How did you do this?" She asked weakly.

Her hair was dirty and clung to her forehead with sweat and dirt, she had cuts on her pale skin and her clothes were matted with dirt as well.

"Huh?" I asked, stopping to look at her. "I haven't been here more than what, 3 weeks?. You were like this for a whole year, day and night. I'm asking how because I've been ready to give up, and I need a reason not to" she said.

I sighed and moved so that my body was no longer angled at her, "You have something worth fighting for, and I did too. Don't loose hope, your gonna get outta here soon" I said, barely above a whisper.

She looked up and smiled, her eyes closed. "Thank you" she said.

I fed her a sandwich and gave her some water and ibuprofen before heading back out.

I made my way upstairs and made no eye contact with anyone as I headed back up.

I was stopped when Teddy pulled me aside, "Can we talk?" He asked. I furrowed my brows and nodded as he pulled me aside, "How is-how is she doing?" He asked, sympathy crawling into his eyes.

I frowned, "You already know the answer to that Ted" I answered. This was a question he made sure to ask me at least once a day, I don't know what went down between those 2 but he's most likely trying to repent for what happened in the past.

"Sorry it's just, this whole situation is fucked. I wish I could speed this up somehow, make it so that Jayda was never here to begin with" he sighed, my eyes widened as a bulb in my head lit up.

"I know a way we can get Jayda out without anyone noticing, and finish the mission at the same time"

To be continued