Chapter 41: Finale

"Never did I think that I'd get caught in those lovely hands and beautiful arms"-  Hope by Christian Akridge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran onto a sleeping Dante and hopped on his lap, a smile stretched across my face. He groaned and moved around a bit, throwing his arm over his eyes.

"Babe" I whispered, trying to wake him up. He didn't move, his face as still as stone. I leaned down and started to kiss down his jaw, and onto his neck. "I know your awake" I hummed against the tender skin on his shoulder.

I saw a smile creep onto his lips, his eyes staying shut. I laughed and him with me, he wrapped his hands around my hips and tugged me down to his lips by the ends of my hair. I pressed down against him, "Good morning babe" he said, as I pulled back.

"Morning' love" I greeted, smiling.

We've been married for 8 1/2 months now. And Dante's been nothing but loving ever since. Even though he works a lot, he always makes sure to come home to me. Jayda and Kai are engaged, set to marry next May. Lilian is still dating Daniel, going on strong. Her serious demeanor always disappears when they're together.

Jay and Josie ended up splitting, unfortunately. She was dealing with her own issues regarding Mia, and she chose to pursue another teaching career back home in Mexico. And as for Jason, well...

Me, Lilian, and Jayda try and follow him to see who his mystery woman is. But last time he had one of Dante's men driving his car. We both went through the file Javier had given me, and sorted everything out. I told Jason, he could have everything. I only wanted my childhood home in Mexico and I was content.

Jason decided to start his own chain of businesses, each interfering with some illegal ties, as to be expected. But him and Dante are business partners, and he often making trips back and forth from places, keeping him busy.

Before Josie left, she had a box of things for me from Mia. Mostly all pictures, ones I had framed up around our house.

Those are the only missions I've been concerned of as of late. Sometimes I'll go and work at the warehouse, job analytics, or meetings. But right now my sole focus is on my marriage, health, and well...something else.

"What's the plan for today?" he asked, putting one hand behind his head.

"The Blacklist" we both said at the same time. He laughed and I hopped off of him to go downstairs. I heard him walk up behind me before a pair of muscle clad arms scooped me up and he threw me over his shoulders.

I squealed and he slapped me on the ass as he walked down the stairs and plopped me down onto the couch. The last time we'd actually been able to sit down like this and just hang out all day was last week, and I was savoring the sweet moment.

I watched as he drew circles on my hip, tracing my stretch marks with adoring eyes. I sighed in realization, I had to tell him now. I couldn't not tell him, I mean, maybe I'm just afraid that he won't be happy?

I pushed his head off of my lap and stood up to walk to the hall closet. His head popped up from the end of the couch, "Where are you going?" he growled.

I rolled my eyes and smiled, while taking out a small black shoe box with a white ribbon tied around it. I walked back to the couch and plopped down across from him, crossing me legs. He grabbed the control and paused the show, looking at me suspiciously.

"Oh god, please don't tell me you're doing my makeup again" he begged, fear flashing in his eyes. I laughed and handed him the box. "Open" I ordered. He took the box and opened it.