Chapter 20

StellaPOV

I woke up to a heavy weight on my legs.

I sat up to see Dante's head and arms sprawled out on my lap.

It's been a week since I was shot and Dante hasn't left my side since. Literally

He takes 10 minute showers at home and comes back. I'll admit, I do like nurse version Dante just as much as I do alpha male Capo.

I'm getting discharged a bit later today though, Dante refuses to let me in on the news with Javier or Vladimir. He says I need to 'take it easy'.

I know somethings up though because Jayda told me that lately security is doubled and there's more meetings with Viktor and training with the men.

I ruffled my hand in his hair and I felt him grip my hand. He looked up through sleepy eyes and smirked, "I can't wait till you're better" he said yawning.

"Why?" I asked.

"Oh you know why. But the doctors say it's not possible due to your physical state. As if I'm not gentle" he scoffed.

"You aren't" I emphasized.

"Yes I am"

"Not at all, its like a WWE match with you" I said laughing.

"Oh come on, you like it rough" he said in a matter-of-fact tone.

I blushed and turned my head, "I'm a holy child" I replied in a low, playful voice.

"And I'm the devil"

"Yea, we know Dante" I said candidly

"I just wanna get out of here" I groaned. "I'll go get the discharge papers" he said standing up.

I winced as I tried to stand up, I was fine but my body was still sore from surgery.

A moment later he was walking back in with papers, I signed them off and the doctors took them. I tried to stand up again but failed.

Dante grabbed my arms and pulled me to his body, lifting me up. "I'll carry you babe, take it easy you don't wanna tear your wound open" he groaned.

I waved goodbye to the doctors as we head out, they offered wheelchairs but Dante declined much to my request.

I hid my face as people stared at us, "we should've just taken a wheelchair" I whispered. "Stella, this is as close as I'm probably gonna be able to get to you while your gunshot is healing. Don't ruin for it me babe" he said playfully.

I sighed as he slipped me into the car. He hopped in and pulled out, "Can we get food?" I asked.

He looked over and nodded as he turned on the heater, I'm glad he brought sweatpants and a t-shirt for me to change into at the hospital, it's already snowing like crazy in New York.

We stopped at McDonald's and Dutch brothers on the way home, my mood lightened from the bags of food he bought.

We pulled up to the house and parked the car in the front.

I was about to open the door to walk out myself but Dante stopped me and carried me into the house himself, And grabbed our bags.

He put me down on the couch and sat down beside me, opening the bags and taking out the food.

He reached for my McFlurry but I slapped his hands away. "Not this time" I said taking a large bite.

"Babe, come on" He said in a fruity voice, reaching for it again, leaning over so that his chest was on mine as I stretched my arm out in the opposite direction.