Chapter 25

Flashback

"Mamá, how come papá was mad at Tío Javier?" Young Stella asked her mother, who was sitting next to her painting her daughters nails red.

"Oh Stella, sometimes with the life we live. Not everything is what it seems" Stella's mother Rosa answered, brushing her dark brown hair past her shoulders.

"Like What?" Stella asked, frowning. Her mother sighed and put the nail polish bottle down on the table.

"Sometimes when your a leader, you have to prove that your worthy of leading. And you have to face things for what they really are" she said softly, moving Stella's hair from her face.

"Is that what I'll have to do when I'm a leader, face things for what they are?" Stella asked.

~

~

~
"Yes my love"

.............................................................................

Present day

The car ride to the casino was quiet, me and Jason couldn't exchange much. This car might be bugged and the last thing we need is getting caught up

We drove through brightly lit and crowded streets, until we stopped in front of a large and beautiful building.

A guard opened up my door and helped me out, Jason followed as another car pulled up and a man and woman hopped out. The girl had platinum blond hair and brown eyes, she sported a tight nude dress that stopped mid thigh. The man had dark brown hair and dull green eyes, dressed in a tux.

We all walked in, doors being opened for us and heads nodding.

It was huge inside, there were many tables for playing cards and poker and slot machines as well as other gambling set ups. There was a bar to the left and a resting area to the right, there was a large flight of stairs leading upstairs for more activities.

And above that the hotel rooms, there was many chandeliers and colored lights. The walls were dark nude and the carpet was blood red.

Heads turned to stare at me and the other girl, I don't understand. If Javier wanted it to be simple and unrecognized mission than why did he send me, if anything he was going to stir up a commotion

And that was exactly what he really wanted, a chance for us to get deeper. And I was the key to his sick wishes, I sighed and turned to face the group.

"Split up, we'll find a way to access their meeting audibly and communicate through our ear pieces" I said, the two guards nodded their head. "We should rendezvous back here Incase anything occurs" the blonde spoke up, I nodded and they turned to take their leave.

"So, what's the plan?" Jason asked turning to me, "Dante is specifically placing his meetings in a point of interest, public places. Any information we get is false, him and Viktor are making sure of that. Just go with it, I'll search upstairs for the meeting room and you look down here" I answered.

Before I could leave he grabbed my forearm, "Stella, stay safe. There are men for bosses besides Viktor and Dante in here, this is Chinatown. Plus, Dante would have my head" he said smiling.

I smiled back and nodded.

I began to walk on the opposite direction, everyone was dressed just as formal as we were.

I walked to the bar and ordered a Jack and Coke, I'm sure the waiters must gossip about what's going on here so this must be a perfect place.

I leaned against the glass counter and picked up the cold glass the bartender slid to me, taking a sip.