Chapter 31

"She's fine, she got their safe and sound" Jason said, me and Teddy both sighed at once, waves of relief washing over me.

"So-what now?" Teddy asked.

"Now, we go through with what we planned without having the weight of keeping Jayda safe on our shoulders" Jason answered. "Which is?" Teddy asked.

"Dante needs time to prepare, he's not there just yet. We're here to keep Javier off his ass and maybe even skew plans when we can" I said.

"Prepare for...what exactly?" Teddy asked.

I sighed and looked at Jason, "War" I answered.

Teddy blinked and looked away at a few camera surveillance videos.

"The only useful thing my mom ever taught me was to pick and choose my battles" he said.

"I'm choosing this one" he continued.

***************

"Sorry to inform you but, Jayda is dead" I said flatly, looking into his eyes. "What do you mean dead?" He spat.

"I mean, I went down there earlier and she was a fucking corpse, what else do you mean?" I growled. He stood up and walked towards me, an inch from my face, Javier's breath smelled like the bitter and sour scent of beer.

He always was a drinker, had a Corona in his hand whenever he wasn't working.

"Don't get attitude with me, now I've got a plan so listen up" he said, his voice tight. I clenched and unclenched my fists as anger seethed over me, I hate that I'm related to him, that the same blood that courses through Jason and I is in him as well.

He walked behind me to pour another drink from a glass bottle, the copper colored substance swished in his cup as he stumbled back into his leather chair.

"In a couple days, the last steps of my plan are being put into phase. But we've unfortunately, ran into some trouble, the Chinese are looking for blood" he said.

I sat down across from him, "What ever did you do to make them mad beside us blowing them up and putting bullets into their head" I stated sarcastically.

"Killed his brother, decapitated him actually. And left the head with his eyes gouged out at his house, I thought it was pretty creative actually" Javier said, I couldn't help but hear the proud undertone in his voice.

"Why did you think that was a good idea?" I asked, "Dunno, just a reflex after running into me" he said smiling.

Poor guy, I don't think anyone deserves what Javier throws at them for simple mistakes.

Well, except for Vladimir.

"So what exactly do you want me to do bout it?" I asked, an inquisitive look on my face as I tilted it to the side.

"Ah yes, you get to kill Jian, he's always got girls coming in and out and you get to be one of those for the night. Fuck him, play around, whatever I don't care, just make sure you don't leave without poisoning him. Tonight an escort is arriving at his office, you by the way, then just kill him and get out quietly after the deals done" he said smiling, and chugging the last of his drink.

I almost threw my tonsils up at what he said, I'd never thought about being with anyone else but Dante.

And I know sure as hell that Dante would kill this man if he touched me, but lucky for him I have another plan in mind.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, but just you know I'm not doing a plan like this again" I said, standing up from my chair.

"You'll do whatever I tell you, now get the hell out of my office and be back by 6" he said. I struggled to keep my violent thoughts to myself as I walked out.