Network Error

Jungkook ran a hand threw his hair, though it was slightly shaking. He tugged his coat around himself as the wind picked up. Yoongi hadn't exactly parked close, and the older was having slight trouble keeping up with Jungkook's increasingly sped up pace.

He tore threw the movie theatre doors and left Yoongi to deal with paying for the movie tickets as he spotted Park Jimin in the waiting line for concessions. Energy flooded through Jungkook's blood, his heart started to beat harder, and he could barely keep himself from running and throwing Jimin up in his arms before kissing him.

"Jimin?" Jungkook said softly, tapping the boy on the shoulder instead. In the corner of his eye Jungkook caught Yoongi walking into the building, his face red and his lungs still attempting to catch a breath. The older threw a glare Jungkook's way, until he caught who he was standing to and his eyes went wide with recognition.

The shorter boy took a beat before turning around. His entire face lit up when he recognized Jungkook smiling back at him. "Kookie, hey." Jimin replies sweetly. His expression darkened slightly after the first wave of seeing Jungkook beside him hit. The second one reminding him of Jin's expression when he showed him just how far the man's power could reach.

"Jimin, you won't believe the line there was for the bathroom," A tall brunette laughed as he walked up to the Park boy. He had a slight tan in his skin, and wore a boxed smile on his lips. Jungkook recognized him instantly.

Kim Taehyung.

Another Deliveree Boy.

Which meant Jimin wasn't here for his work, but simply for fun. It struck Jungkook how the thought seemed odd to him. He knew that the boys on the site obviously knew one another, but he never figured that they'd be close. Jungkook tried to shrug it off, not quite sure why actually seeing Jimin next to someone else bugged him.

Taehyung put his hand on Jimin's back protectively and his eyes narrowed in a glare as he took a step forward, his attention fixed on Jungkook. "Jimin, is this kid bothering you?"

"Tae, relax." The tan boy - Taehyung, dropped his hand and gave Jimin a look that Jungkook couldn't decipher. It was the type of non verbal communication that only people who have known each other their entire lives could have. "Taehyung, this is one of my clients, Jungkook. Jungkook, this is my best friend, Taehyung." Jimin stood up and ordered his popcorn, thanking the employee while Jungkook and Taehyung both hesitantly shook hands. After a moment, the tension ceased and both were back to a good humor.

"Kook! I got the last tickets!" Yoongi said with cool excitement as he walked up to the group of boys. His voice was aimed towards the younger, but his gaze fixed on Jimin. Jungkook wasn't sure, but he could almost swear he saw Jimin tense. "Hey Jimin!" Yoongi said brightly with a good natured wave.

Jimin flashed back his signature eyesmile, tugging on Taehyung's sleeve slightly as a cue for them to leave. Taehyung nodded, telling the other two boys that they're movie was about to start and they should get going.

Before Jimin could leave, Jungkook reached out and grabbed his shoulder slightly. "Jimin, come on, don't just leave-"

Jimin flinches, and turns around with the smile so pure it almost hurt. "I apologize for the miscommunication. This occurs often, Deliveree is legally abided to tell you that our services are fantasy, and should not be mistaken for anything more than that."

Jungkook stood there dumbfounded, Jimin's words stung. He was positive that the night in his car had solidified something between them. He knew that the connection he felt wasn't one sided, it couldn't be.

Jimin bit his cheek as he walked away, the words tasting bitter in his mouth.

Jungkook tried to shake off the off feeling in his chest. Yoongi, on the other hand, was giving the two Deliveree boys a calculative look. "I would look away from them, Jungkook."

Taehyung put his arm around Jimin's shoulder, and the younger was leaning into the embrace.

* * *

What Jungkook didn't see, was that Jimin was holding onto Taehyung because he was crying.

>>>><<<<>>>>><<<<<>>>>>><<<<<<
A/N - I honestly love Vmin friendship. That letter Tae wrote to Jimin irl made me cry. They're just there for each other, you know? Like Kook gets the dick, but y'all need your best friends

- Violette 🌷