7. Connect

August

The inside of her was pretty much how I expected it to be. Sleek and clean. Shit, ain't even think I'd get to see the inside. "You can kick your shoes off here and your welcome to the kitchen." She spoke, taking her own shoes off. "I'm gonna go change."

"Aight, ma." I nodded at her and she went to what I assumed was her bedroom. I kicked off my J's and walked around, letting my eyes roam over here space. Place was fucking spotless, like you could eat off the floor if you wanted to.

I stopped in front of her table that was filled with photos. One was of her with Isis and she was smiling the biggest I ever seen her smile. Another of her and Adriana at some restaurant. The frame at the end caught my eye. I'm guessing it was a photo of her and her parents. She was smiling, but it seemed funny. Like it was strained.

"Having fun?" Her soft voice made me tear my eyes away and fall on her. Damn. I couldn't stop myself from staring at her. All she had on was a white tank top and some short, black yoga pants. Her thighs were looking right in that shit. She gon' fuck around and make me loose control.

"Hello? Earth to August." She called out, stepping to me. "You still there?" She questioned, with a smirk on her face. Her ass knew what she was doing. She ain't slick.

"Where ya clothes at, Mariya?" She smiled at before turning on her heels and walking away. "On my body, August." I shook my head and followed her to the living room. "Barely. Thighs all out and shit." Mariya only chuckled in response.

"What do you want to do?" She asked, looking up at me. "Fuck you." I said, nonchalantly. "Besides that." She rolled her eyes. "You want a tour or some food?"

"Lemme see your room." Her brow raised at my request. "My room?" I nodded. I saw her hesitate for a moment before she stood up. "Fine. Come on, hornball." I sucked my teeth at the name, but followed after her.

She lead me to the back and soon we were in front of her door. "Well, this is my ." She announced, opening the door and walking in. The smell of vanilla hit my nose as I soon as I walked in. It smelled like her. "It's nice." I mumbled, looking around. Babygirl had amazing taste, but I guess I should have known that from the way she dressed.

Wanting to test her, I walked over and making sure to avoid her laptop, I sprawled myself across her bed, . She pouted like always and grabbed a pillow, throwing it at my chest. "I like your nerve." She frowned and plopped down next to me. "Rude ass."

"How I'm rude, ma?" I chuckled, turning to lay on my back. "They say ya guests can do no wrong." I watched her reach over and grab her laptop. "That doesn't apply to you." I eyed her as she kept her eyes on the screen. "You bein' rude right na."

"How?" Tapping the computer on her lap, I gave her a look. "You should be entertainin' me instead turning on ya computer." She flipped her hair and closed the laptop. "But the way you wanna be entertained I can't do for you." I chuckled. "You can. You just don't want to."

She sighed, turning her gaze on me. "What?" She ignored me and ran her hand through my curls. "You need a haircut." She finally said after a while. "I know, but I've been too busy takin' care of you." I said.

She tilted her head at me. "Taking care of me? Please." I closed my eyes as she continued playing in my hair. Being here like this with a girl wasn't something I was used to, but it was nice. If she was any other female, I would have been fucking her by now, but she wasn't.

"When did you leave New Orleans?" She suddenly asked. "When I was roun' 13. Why?" She shook her head, still focused on my hair. "I was just curious. I don't know much about you."

"What all you wanna know, ma?" I asked, opening my eyes. "Whatever you want to tell me." She shrugged.

"Well, I lived in Houston before I came to the A." I sighed. Texas wasn't a place I liked to remember. "I ain't like it do. I was happy as fuck when my ma moved us here."

"Why didn't you like it there?" She questioned. I tensed up a bit and shrugged. "Some shit happened there." I left it like that and I hoped she did too. She nodded.

"You like Atlanta though, right?" She asked. I smiled and nodded. "Yeah. If I ain't move to Atlanta I never would have met you." I laughed when I heard her scoff.

"You barely know me." She said as she dragged her nails across my scalp. "Tell me somethin' bout ya self then." I said, letting my eyes close again. This shit was so relaxing.

"I'm originally from Athens, but I moved to Atlanta when I was 18 for school. That's it." I opened my and grabbed my vibrating phone. "That's not it, ma." I said, letting my eyes fall on my phone. A text from my current fuck buddy. I need you now. Of course she did. Needy bitch.

"You leaving?" She asked. Her face shined with disappointment and I frowned. "You don't want me to leave?" I asked, tugging on a piece of her hair. "Not really." She admitted quietly.

"I'm stayin' then." Her smile came back and she returned to playing with my hair. I was too damn comfy to move right now. What's her face would get over it. "Where ya girlfriend at?"

"At work." She frowned, running her fingers over my "self" tattoo. "She's not leaving till like 12."

"Wouldn't she be mad knowing I was ova' here?" I questioned.

Mariya shrugged. "She would, especially since I haven't told her about you."

"You haven't? Should ya really be keepin' secrets from your girl?" I asked. This project had us spending a good amount of time together. I'd be concerned if my girl was around some nigga I ain't know.

"Adriana has kept her fair share of secrets. She'll be okay." Mariya responded. I nodded and left it like that. She had things she didn't wanna talk about and so did I. I yawned and rolled over on my side with my back facing Mariya.

"Okay. I think it's time for you to leave, Aug." She said, flicking my ear.

I looked over my shoulder at her. "Why?" Sucking my teeth, I sat up and stretched. She hit me with a pillow again.

"That's why. You getting too comfortable." She giggled, motioning to the window. "And besides it's getting dark. I don't want you driving too late."

"Oh, so you worried about me?" I smirked. She scoffed and stood up. I stretched again before getting up myself.

"If anything happened to you I'd be held responsible and I don't have the time for it, Mr. Alsina." She smiled and motioned for me to follow her. "I'll walk you to the door."

"Mean ass." I mumbled, stopping by the door. I slid my shoes and turned to look at her.

"I heard that." She chuckled, pushing her hair out her face. "You wan't me to walk you down?"

I shook my head. "Nah. You ain't got no clothes on. I don't need other niggas seein' what's goin' to be mine." I smirked causing her to glare at me.

"Keep thinking that."

"I will." I held my arms out. "Can I get a hug, ma?" I half expected her to hit me again, but she didn't. Standing on her tip toes, she wrapped her arms around my neck as I wrapped mine around her waist. The scent of vanilla hit my nose again and I was so tempted to grab her ass.

"You smell like weed and Old Spice." She mumbled pulling away from the embrace.

"You should be used to it." I replied looking down at her.

"I am. You sure you don't want me to walk you down?" She asked while opening her door.

"I'm sure." I said walking past her and out the door. "Night, Mariya."

"Good night, August."