29. Meet The Parents

Mariya's POV

It only took me forty-five minutes to get dressed. That probably didn't seem like a big deal, but it was to me. It was an obvious indication that I wasn't looking forward to seeing my parents tonight. Well, that was partly wrong. I had no problem seeing my mother. In fact, I adored her with all of my heart. On the other hand, I wasn't too keen on having to be in the same room with as father. For the past few years, it seemed like anytime we were together for an extended period of time, there was an issue. Even with our issues, he still adored his "baby girl." And somewhere deep down in my heart, I still adored my father. I was a daddy's girl with daddy issues. Ironic, I know.

August was the only one that seemed happy about tonight. For the past two weeks, he was nothing but smiles whenever the topic came up. At least one of us was happy about this. My phone vibrated on my lap, Auggie's contact name flashing across the bright screen.

Babeh Daddeh: Pullin in na. I'll be up in a min.

He was such a gentleman, but I could do without his chivalry for a day.

It's fine bae. I'm coming down now.

I pressed send and chucked my phone into my black Michael Kors bag, courtesy of August. Since I accepted the watch, he took it upon himself to buy me a bag too. We argued about it for a good hour before I finally shut my mouth and accepted it. We both knew I wanted the bag, but I was still hesitant about this spoiling situation. I grabbed my bag and headed towards my door. I stopped and looked into the mirror that was situated on the wall by my door. I fluffed my newly dyed brown curls before deciding I looked fine and stepping out my door. The first thing I saw when I made it downstairs was , dressed in all white leaning on the hood of his black 2011 Kia Optima.

He looked absolutely heavenly, almost like an angel. An angel that was mine and only mine. I giggled when I noticed the expression on his handsome face. His perfect eyebrows were furrowed in confusion as he looked me. Probably because I didn't let him walk up to get me. "Babeh." He grumbled as he wrapped his arms around my waist. My face snuggled into his chest in response. "Stop playin'. Where ma kiss at?" He asked, squeezing my waist.

A blush rose to my cheeks as I peeked up at him. Obliging to his request, I gave him a few quick pecks that quickly turned into a more a passionate kiss. He already had my hormones in a frenzy and this kiss was only making it worse. I pulled away first, bringing my hand to his cheek in the process. "Stop making me horny." I pouted.

He chuckled, pecking my lips again. "I ain't do nothin', babeh."

"You did enough." Reluctantly, I slid out of his arms to walk over to the passenger side. A giggle left my lips as I heard him suck his teeth. "What?" I asked once we were both situated in the car. He stayed silent until we made it out onto the road. And he called me dramatic.

"Didn't give me a chance ta grab ya ass." He finally grumbled. "Ya look good by the way." He complimented. I looked down, admiring my choice. Simple and black was clearly the theme. August was looking like an angel and I guess I was playing the role of the devil.

"Boy, bye!" I rolled my eyes and shot him a look. "You touch my ass all the time. I think you'll do just fine without grabbing it for a day."

"Nah. I gotta grab that thang erryday." He smirked.

"Mhm. Whatever you say." A comfortable silence fell over us. I was focused on my phone and August was focused on the road. It stayed like that for a majority of the ride until August decided to speak up. "Ya still not keen on this, huh?" His question caught me by surprise. I was sure I put on my best "I'm happy" face before I left my apartment.