30. Birthday High [Part 1]

Mariya's POV

These last three days leading up to my birthday had been pretty busy for me. On Wednesday, I had the pleasure of being treated to a spa day by Mama Sheila. An early birthday gift that I tried to reason with her wasn't necessary. Being the assertive woman that she is, my pleas fell on deaf ears. She assured me that I was now "part of the family" and would be treated as such. So, for most of the afternoon me and my boyfriend's mother spent the day being pampered like the beautiful black queens that we are. As if that wasn't enough already, Mama Sheila also took it upon herself to make me a good home cooked New Orleans meal. I almost cried again when my three beautiful little babies presented me with their own hand made birthday cards before I left.

My Thursday was split in half between my home and the mall. I got bored with my brown highlights so I slapped a wig on my head and died it blonde for my birthday. And just as I finished with my hair, Icey and Li showed up at my apartment ready to take me shopping for the "big day". We ended up spending the majority of the day in the mall. They were still keeping what they had planned for my birthday a surprise and that meant I was in the dark about what I should pick out. After an hour of arguing, Liana finally made Icey drop a hint to help me choose an outfit. In the end, her hint didn't really do shit for me and I settled on something simple. An "every occasion" dress, if you will.

Later that evening, another surprise came to my apartment in the form of my mother. She came baring gifts from herself and my sperm donor. I absolutely loved the and matching she picked out for me. I wasn't really a fan of flashy jewelry, but the my sperm donor picked out for me was lovely. After she presented me with my gifts, she stayed and we talked for a little while. I loved talking with my mom, it was refreshing to have an older woman's perspective from time to time. We ended up talking about everything, from my relationship with August to the latest showbiz gossip. Our goodbye was long and dramatic like always, but if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have noticed the new gold ring my mom sported. Seems like I wasn't the only one my father had to suck up to.

Now it's Friday night and it's officially my birthday. I am now twenty two years old and I didn't feel any older. It's not like turning twenty two was a big thing. All that birthday hype was usually reserved for anyone's twenty first birthday and I was no exception. The only thing I was really excited about what was finding out what August and Icey planned for me. Speaking of August, I was missing his tall ass so much. The last time I saw him was Tuesday night. He gave me some bullshit excuse that he was going to be tied up at the barbershop, but I knew that was a lie. It's not like we hadn't talked at all since then. He called me every night before bed, but it wasn't the same. I wanted to be in his arms. I just hope whatever he's been doing for the past three days is something extraordinary or else he was getting his ass kicked.

", can I take this blindfold off now?" I asked for the fifth time. Currently, I was being led to only God knows where by Icey and Li. They gave me a time to be ready by and I met it. And then as soon as they got to my place, they slapped a blindfold over my eyes and ushered me into the backseat of Icey's car. So, basically I was kidnapped and being held against my will. Perfect way to start off my birthday. Wherever she drove us to didn't take too long to get here. I'd say around twenty minutes. "And can you tell me where we are? And where's August?"

"Missy, I'm going to need you to relax and stop pulling me down before we all go tumbling down!" She replied. "We all look beautiful and I refuse to mess up this jumpsuit because you wanna know where your New Orleans prince is." She rushed out. I wanted to roll my eyes, but her compliment on my made me decided against it. teased and said I was giving her Marilyn Monroe with my blonde curls and white dress. "Don't worry, boo. We almost there." Li assured. I hoped so. I was getting more and more impatient with every step.