chapter 4.

~Naomi's POV~

[naii.mila]: yuk_as commented: "i like this version better 😉"

What is living? Breathing? Never heard of it.
THAT WINK THOUGH. FOR WHAT. Ten wasn't home yet and no one was around to stop me, so I did what i was expected to do in this situation. I screamed at the top of my lungs and ran around the entire place, not caring about the neighbors.

I comment back,

naii.mila- thank you💙

My phone begins to buzz after a few minutes and when I pick up, a scream pierces my ear and I immediately know who it is.

"NAI I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! YOU'RE SO FUCKING LUCKY!" Ali screeched into the phone making me laugh and jump around some more.

"HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL??! Honestly it feels like I'm dreaming and I'll wake up and none of this happened." I sigh in content and continue the conversation with my closest girl friend. I have a few others that I trust like Jeno and Chenle. My best friend is really Ten, but he has friends of his own too.

We ended the call, bidding our goodbyes and making an empty promise to hang out. I head downstairs to get some brunch when someone knocks on the door.

"Taeyong, what's up?" I was a bit shocked to find the swimmer boy in front of me, he seemed nervous.

"Hey Naomi, uh I just wanted to know... if you would, maybe, want to go to lunch with me?" He stuttered out the sentence but I found it cute.

"Yeah sure, let me get my shoes and purse." I smiled and slipped on my black booties and grabbed my purse and keys. Locking the door behind me, I walked with Taeyong to his motorcycle. He handed me a helmet and I put it on easily, this not being the first time I rode with him. Taeyong got on the bike and gave me his hand to get behind him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and we drove off.

The ride was short, we stopped at a Panera near the center of L.A. He helped off the bike and then lead me to the entrance.

"So what made you invite me out, Tae?" I asked out of curiosity, I considered Taeyong a good friend, it was nice to be able to hang out. However, Ten doesn't like Taeyong at all, lord knows why because I sure as hell don't.

Before he could answer, my phone buzzes signaling that I was getting a phone call.

"Hello?"
"Where are you, Nai?"
"Um I'm at Panera bread. You?"
"Who are you with? I just arrived to an empty apartment. Why didn't you text me that you were going out."
"Taeyong came to the house and invited me yo Panera, I forgot to text you. I'm sorry!!!"
"Taeyong." I heard the venom in his voice.
"Yes, Ten. Taeyong. It's no big deal, just two friends having lunch. I don't get why you're mad."
"Doesn't matter, eat well and be home soon. See you later."
"I'll be home, don't worry. Love you, T" I hear him sigh.
"I love you, Nai."

"Guess Ten's not too fond of me.." Taeyong speaks as he holds the door open for me. I didn't realize how awkward that must've been for him.

"He's just overprotective, besides I'm in not in any danger by hanging out with you." I laugh and step foot in the short line to order.

I breathed in the broccoli-cheddar bread bowl and sighed happily, it smelt amazing.

"How've you been, Tae?" I ask the silver haired boy in front of me. He was really quiet and seemed anxious, which worried me.

"I've been uh, good and stuff. Lots of swim practice, college stuff, the works, how about you? What's new in the life of Naomi?" Tae gives me a smile and I can see some of his nervousness go away.

"Well, I got accepted into UCLA, so I think that's where I'm headed in the fall, but overall I'm good!" A comfortable silence falls onto us as we each eat our soups, occasionally looking up at each other and giggling.

We continued to talk about random things like my mom or his dogs, things that made no sense. Once we were done eating, we walked back out to his bike and he drove me home.

"Thanks for lunch, Taeyong. I had fun." I smiled and waved goodbye when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his arms. I froze for a second then hugged him back.

"Anytime, Naomi." He smiled and lowers his head to kiss my cheek. I turn back towards the house and think about what just happened. That was friendly right?

"TEN? ARE YOU HOME?" I call out to my best friend waiting for a response. I kick off my booties and run up to Ten's room where he lay with his earbuds in. He sees me and sits up, turning off his music.

"How was Panera?" He asks with a tone that didn't seem like he wanted to know.

"It was great. Thanks." I kept my response short and dry. If I had told him about hugging and kiss on the cheek from Taeyong, I'd never hear the end of it.

"I saw that Lucas commented on your video, congrats kiddo. you better make your move." His voice changed to a more genuine feel and I smiled sitting next to him.

"I want to DM him but what if he doesn't answer? Or doesn't see my message? He gets tons a day! What's mine gonna matter?" I was beginning to doubt myself even with all the luck I've had with him the past couple of days.

"Maybe he'll dm you? I mean he did comment on your video, followed you, respond to your birthday dm, post your drawing on his story. What makes you think he's not interested?" As Ten talks, I feel better. Maybe there could be the possibility that he wants to dm me too. But should I be the one that does the honors? What would I even say?

[naii.mila]: yuk_as started a live video. Watch it before it ends!

~
Hey everyone, the plan with this story is to upload at least every other day but I'd like to update daily if possible. I'll have another author assisting me in the story for when ya girl got writers block or something.