chapter 14.

~about two weeks later, Saturday.~

When I said I wanted to keep busy, this wasn't what I meant. I work at the cafe practically every day and get home late to do homework. I honestly don't have time for anything. Dance is supposed to start again tomorrow, hopefully this new teacher is as good as Franki. Lucas and I have both been so busy, me with my job plus school, and him with rehearsals and moving. We haven't had the chance to talk about what we said to each other two weeks ago. It kills me that we barely text now but, we still try. The last time I spoke to him was Monday. But he had to go because the moving trucks were there. Probably lowering my chance of seeing him.

Irene and Ten were together, officially. Haechan and Ali, god knows they like each other but no one says a thing. Taeyong and I are still friends and there's no awkwardness from the kiss. I've hung out with Chenle once since we first met and it was ages ago. Jisung and I are closer than ever. Everything was going so fast, I wish it would slow down. I missed the FaceTime calls with Lucas and the staying up late but everything kept getting in the way.

"That'll be $3.79!" I say sweetly to the woman in front of me. Homegirl had a whole attitude but I wasn't going to blow up and lose my job.

She hands me a five and mutters a 'Keep the change'.  I put the five into the register and take out $1.21 for my personal tip jar under the counter. Tips at the cafe were the best. The next person in line ordered and I began to make their coffee. While my back was turned, I heard a familiar voice. Shaking it off, I finished the coffee and turned back to the customer.

"Can I have a iced lemon loaf?" She asks and I smile nodding, packing the loaf into a small bag.

"$4.23, please!" I chirp and internally gag, being cheery all the time was irritating.

"Thank you! Have a nice day!" I say while organizing the coins into the cash register.

"Can I have an iced caramel swirl, three creams four sugars?" The familiar voice speaks and I lift my head up slowly.

"CHENLE! What are you doing here?!" I shout and then quiet down after receiving stares from other people.

"I was around and remembered you told me you worked here. I wanted to stop by and say hello to my favorite person." Chenle was blushing, which I found odd but it was probably because of the hot weather.

"One iced caramel swirl, coming right up." I quickly prepared his drink while we had small talk about our days.

"Thanks Nai, here keep the change." He handed me a $20 and I rolled my eyes.

"Chenle, your drink only costs $2.90! I can't take this." I push the twenty back into his hands but being the child he is, he drops it over the counter and runs away shouting out a 'byeeee'

What a loser.

Once again I take out my top and put in the twenty, closing the register for the day. It was now 6:30. The end of my shift. Fucking finally.

Ten beeped out front and I ran out hopping into the car.

"Drive, my dear Ten, drive." He chuckled at my desperation and I turned up the radio.

Black on Black.

I smiled as I listened to the song, it had become big enough to be on the radio, but no one of the public knew who was in it except for Mark of course. I knew. As Lucas's part came on I rapped along, suddenly missing him more. I pulled out my phone and sent him a video of me singing along to it.

To Lucas💙:

*you sent a video attachment*

miss you!

I locked my phone as we arrived to our apartment. I had dance in the morning and I knew I should sleep early. I grabbed a hot pocket from the freezer and put it in the microwave. Minutes later, it was done. I restrained myself from biting into it, knowing that I'd burn my tongue of if I did. Running up to my room, I felt my phone buzz and smiled when I saw it was from Lucas.

Lucas💙:
you're cute. miss you too! I'm done moving. Officially living by myself, talk soon? I have to unpack some before I go into work tomorrow.

To Lucas💙:
Okay love, I'll text you tomorrow after dance!

I laid in bed with a happy feeling in my chest. Maybe things were finally dialing done to a point where I could talk to Lucas all the time. My feelings hadn't subsided and I hoped his didn't either. I began to read before I slowly dozed off, Lucas on my mind.

~the next morning, Sunday~

I woke up a few minutes before my alarm, so I shut it off before it blasted through the room. I showered quickly, even though I was going to dance, and put on my dance shorts and a cropped tee. Blow drying my hair, I tried to decide on a new color. Maybe black? I swiped on my mascara and put on my sneakers.

When I stepped outside, it was absolutely beautiful. I let my dance bag hang on my shoulder as I embraced the warmth of the hot sun and walked to school. I shot Ten a quick text advising him that I was going to dance and I soon arrived.

I walked up to the group of dancers and realized they were trying to figure who the new dance teacher was.

"I hope she doesn't get pregnant and leave us like Franki!" My friend, Jeno, exclaimed and we all nudged him.

"Franki didn't get pregnant on purpose, stupid. The new teacher will probably be just as great. She'll do Franki justice." I assured him and we all began to do our own warm ups. I looked around for Jun, but he wasn't here.

"Jeno, wheres Jun?" He looked at me as if I was the stupid one.

"He broke his ankle on Wednesday Naomi! Hello!!! Do you live under a rock?" Jeno explained and my eyes widened. I had no idea and now, no partner. Great.

I turned my back against the door to do more stretches when I heard it open.

"Alright class, I'm your new dance teacher."

What the actual fuck?