chapter 18.

~Monday, lunch~

"So he just kissed you? Flat just came to your house and kissed you? Lord, please give me Naomi's life. Thank you, amen." Ali was freaking out with me as we sat at the table with Jaemin, Jisung, Haechan, and Jeno. The white haired boy joined our table after finally leaving his horrible friends. It was nice being the seven of us. As I listened to Ali talk, my gaze went to Haechan while he stared at her with heart eyes.

"Haechan, you have a bit of drool on your lip." I smirked and he glared at me, checking his mouth to find nothing there.

"Very funny, Nai. Very fucking funny." Jaemin and Jisung laughed at the boy who's cheeks now matched his hair. Ali remained confused in this ordeal and it became my turn to laugh at her.

"We should all hang out today, the beach?" I suggest and murmurs of approval bounced around the table.

"You should invite Lucas, Naomi." Jisung winked and I rolled my eyes. Maybe I should though, would he even want to come? I should still ask him. Sighing, I pulled out my phone and sent him a text.

To Lucas💙:
Hey! Some friends and I are going to the beach, do you want to come with?

I slid my phone back in to my pocket and waited. Usually, Lucas would text back quickly but he hadn't yet.

The rest of the school day went by pretty quickly and it was 2:05. My phone buzzed and I jumped, startled.

Lucas💙:
i'd love to, do you want me to pick you up?

To Lucas💙:
that'd be nice thank you! see you at three?

Lucas💙:
see you at three, love

I smiled, a fuzzy feeling inside my stomach because he called me love. It was so simple but it still made me turn red. Everything he did made me blush.

🔟:
Can you walk home? Got stuck at the cafe, fucking Jess didn't show up.

To 🔟:
that little bitch, but okay! I'm going to the beach with my friends! Meet us there later?

🔟:
Nah, I'm hanging out with the guys later. Irene said she was going to the beach with her lady friends so say hi when you see her.

To 🔟:
Ok padre 😂

Once I had arrived home, I ran upstairs and picked out my favorite white bathing suit. After changing into it, I put on my ripped jean shorts and a mesh cover over my torso. I grabbed tanning oil, my sunglasses, and towel, placing them into my beach bag. I applied some waterproof mascara and heard Lucas pull into the drive way.

Surprised that there was a knock on the door, rather than just a beep, I ran down the stairs. Checking my self in the hall mirror, I opened the door and was greeted with a smiling Lucas.

"Your carriage awaits, Ms. Naomi." He gestures to his car and I laugh, grabbing his hand (rather boldly if I may add). He seems flustered as we take the short walk to the car, him opening the door for me and me getting in.

"I don't actually know how to get to where we're going." Lucas smiles sheepishly and he hands me his phone to put the directions. As I typed in the beach name, a notification popped up on his phone.

M❣️:
I miss you.

Something sinks in the pit of my stomach and I pretend to not have seen anything, handing him his phone back. Was he seeing someone? Why wouldn't he tell me? Why would he kiss me? I pushed my thoughts away and tried to regain my excitement for the beach.

"Do you want to put music?" Lucas asks and I nod, turning on the radio. The atmosphere starts to get suffocating, at least for me, so I put down the window. I glance at his phone to see how much longer until we arrive when an incoming call from "M❣️" pops up on the screen, ringing through the car. He hits the accept button from the steering wheel and I give him a look, not that he sees it of course. What if it's his girlfriend? What if he cheated on her with me? What if—

"Lucas!"

"Mel!"

"I miss you! When are you coming to visit?"

"I just got here, Melanie. Let me settle in and I'll come home for a while. I miss you too! Say hi, I'm in the car with my gir—Naomi." My cheeks turn bright pink as I realize what he was going to say.

"The Naomi?! The one you never stop talking about?" I blushed even harder, if possible at the girls comment. Maybe they were just friends?

"MELANIE!"

"Sorryyyy! Anyways! Hi Naomi, I've heard plenty about you! I'm Lucas's sister Melanie." Sister. Thank fucking god.

"I hope only good things, nice to sort of meet you!" I spoke into the car and smiled. He has a sister.

"Okay Mel, I'll text you later. We're going to the beach, give mom a kiss for me."

"Bye Mucus, bye Naomi!" I bursted our laughing as Lu-Mucus turned red in embarrassment. Placing my hand over his, I turned away to face the window, to hide my tinted cheeks.

We found a decent parking spot and found the rest of the group already set up. Ali was laying down tanning while Haechan prepared the sandwiches next to her. The other three were already splashing each other in the water. I decided to place my towel on the other side of the blonde girl. As I took off my cover up and shorts, Lucas took off his shirt. Boy, was that a sight worth seeing. I could feel his eyes on me putting on tanning oil and I blushed profusely.

"You're not coming in the water?" Lucas asked and took off his sunglasses. I shook my head, waving the boys over to introduce everyone.

"Maybe later, I want to tan first." He nods and smiles cutely.

"Lucas, this is Jisung and Jaemin, Jeno's the one with the white hair. Haechan's making the sandwiches and this is Ali. Guys, this is Lucas." I finish introductions and the guys all dap each other up. Lucas then joins the guys in the water and Haechan goes after finishing our food.

"Has he asked you to be his girlfriend yet?" Ali startled me with the sudden question. My ears burned and I replied with a quick no.

"He almost referred to me as his girlfriend while on the phone with his sister, though." My statement made her squeal, lifting her arms up in excitement.
She wore a navy blue bikini and her hair was spread out on the towel. I envied how confident she was in her body while I hated every inch of mine. I always tried to wear nice clothes to cover up the fact that I couldn't stand the way I looked.

Shaking my destructive thoughts away, I focused on letting my skin soak up the sun. A little more than five minutes later, I no longer feel the sun over me as I'm picked up and thrown over someone's shoulder. That someone was Lucas.

"PUT ME DOWN!" My hands weakly hit his muscled back and by that time his legs were already in the water. Within the second he lifted me off his shoulder and by the waist, dunked me into the water.

When I came up for air I was met with a giggling Lucas and to the far left of him,

a cheating Irene.

-

-

hey y'all I was supposed to update yesterday but i didn't get to finish so sorry 😬 butttttt I'll be updating as much as I can. I'm going to publish the first chapter of Snapchat so if you guys could read that it was be great! ❤️