chapter 43.

PLEASE COMMENT ON THE POLL ON THE LAST CHAPTER! Boy or girl hmmm?

~Naomi's POV~

I straightened out my red chiffon shirt and waited patiently as it was Lucas's turn to freak out. I had a really strong feeling that they guys wouldn't react badly but then again, I was like this when it came to our friends back home. Three months was approaching soon and it scared me how fast time was flying, even if sometimes it felt like months went by in years.

The oven dinged and Lucas jumped, thinking it was the doorbell. I had to hold in my laughter as to not upset him, but damn that shit was funny. I had used my dad's recipe to make roasted pork with rice and beans. Hopefully the food would help ease in the news. Maybe I had gone a bit overboard with how much food I made. There was macaroni salad, white rice, yellow rice with beans, pork, chicken, and I made cheesecake and flan for dessert. Mei had helped me before she left and I was extremely grateful for that because we got to talk about Lucas and the pregnancy.

This time, the doorbell really rang and before either of us could open it, Jungwoo burst in with a few bottles in his hands. Uh oh.

"YOU'RE BACK FUCKER!" He cheered and set down the bottles to jump onto Lucas who stared at the bottles and back at me. He hadn't let loose or gone out to parties ever since we found out. Obviously I couldn't, but for some reason Lucas felt the need to do the same. It was sweet, but I didn't want him to stop drinking and having fun because of me. I was the one with child, not him.

"Of course I'm back! Where's the rest of the guys?" Lucas hugged his best friend back and I cooed at them reuniting. Mark, Sicheng, and Renjun (who I knew was already aware) came in right after and then the five joined into some very gay group hug, in which Jungwoo began touching their butts. Said confident gay turned to me and also enveloped me in a hug. I cursed at myself for not wearing a bulkier top and when Jungwoo froze, I knew the jig was up.

"No fucking way. No fucking fuckity fuck fucking way. NO FUCKING WAY!" Jungwoo was still frozen as he came to realize the reason I was a bit bigger.

"I THOUGHT YOU GOT FAT!" I slapped his shoulder as he let go and he laughed sheepishly. Mark and Sicheng looked at us confused and then it seemed to dawn onto Mark who's jaw dropped. Renjun tolled his eyes at Sicheng who had yet to realize the situation and dragged him over to me.

"Can I?" Renjun asked and I nodded, allowing him to place the older's hand on my protruding stomach.

"OHHHHH!" He has finally realized what the deal was and the rest of us laughed. Lucas and Renjun continuously shared looks throughout the dinner and it worried me a bit. Did Renjun not approve of what we were doing?

I picked at my food, losing any hunger I had previously. It was making me feel some type of way and I could tell Lucas was bothered as well. The other three seemed to be extremely supportive discussing who would be the best uncle and buying the baby presents. Their words warmed my heart and I hoped that Renjun would feel the same way. It would kill Lucas if he didn't have the support from all of his friends.

"Baby, you haven't eaten anything." Lucas spoke, breaking me from my upsetting thoughts. I looked up at him and plastered a smile on my face. Picking up my fork, I gathered rice and meat and put it in my mouth. He gave me a concerned look and I continued shoving food in my mouth without any actual enjoyment. After a while, I had finally "finished", leaving a reasonable amount.

"Dessert?" I opened the trays that held the cheesecake and flan, eyes widening as the guys went after it like animals. I served myself flan and this time I actually ate it because—well its flan obviously I ate it.

"So, what do you want it to be Naomi? Boy or girl? Either way a baby is a lot of responsibility, but what do you want?" Renjun said and I gulped, the way he said it felt like a jab at my choices. Lucas saw the look on my face.

"Naomi thinks it's a girl, but we don't really care what it is." He squinted his eyes a bit at Renjun and the tension at the table was growing by the millisecond.

Jungwoo cleared his throat and smiled at me lightly, I did my best to smile back but it came out more like a grimace.

"When my sister-in-law got pregnant, she didn't want to know the gender because she was sure it was a boy because of the way her belly hung, it ended up being a girl. Are you guys going to find out or wait?" Mark asked curiously, as he got himself another slice of cheesecake.

"We want to know, that way we can be prepared with everything before the baby is born." My voice was a bit shaky at first but I managed to get it together. The stares from Renjun weren't helping me feel any better.

"Alright, say what you need to say Renjun. Go fucking ahead." Lucas slams his hands on the table making me jump along with Sicheng. Renjun rolled his eyes and turned to face Lucas.

"I just want to make sure you know what comes from the decision you're making Lucas. You had dreams and ambitions. You wanted to travel and dance and rap, I support your decision 1000%, I just need to know that you're absolutely sure. This is a long term commitment, not something you can turn around and say 'Oops never mind.' Naomi, I don't want you to think I don't want you guys to do this because I do. This is a big thing. If you both are positive that you can do it, I'm here for it, trust me. This is a child, this will change your lives. I love you Lucas and you know I want the best for you. If you think this is the best, then it is. Just please, please be sure before you do this." Renjun finished his little speech and I let out a sigh of relief, he was just as worried as we were.

Lucas stood up from his chair and pulled Renjun out of his, wrapping his arms around him. I could see the tears welling up in his eyes, but he would never admit it.

There was one more person we needed to tell, and I sure as hell was not ready for it.

-

-

-

-

hello, I don't know if I've ever introduced myself by name on this book and we're 43 chapters in.

my name is gelanie, I'm 17 and I never fucking learned how to read.

***HI HELLO THIS IS FOUR HOURS AFTER I POSTED THIS CHAPTER THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 6K I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!

so it's Tuesday, and I posted my hiatus thingy on Sunday. I know I said I would go on a break but I can't. I knew I couldn't stay away too long because I love this book so much. Please don't expect me to update every 2/3days anymore because I frankly can't do that anymore.

Yesterday June 25, 2018, I came out to my best friend as non-binary after coming to terms with it myself. It was a long long process of me pushing myself back and not allowing myself to breathe as who I wanted to be. I hope you all support m and continue to support this book because it means a lot. You all are the second to know because you mean the world to me as well.

please vote and comment!

question of the chapter:
have you answered the poll at the end of chapter 42?

answer of the chapter:
IF YOU HAVEN'T YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD!