chapter 45.

part 1.

~Naomi's POV~

"Lucas, you can let go now." He had held on to me for about four minutes after I finished explaining the situation.

"I never want to let go you. I let you go and you could've been hurt. Our baby could've been hurt. I don't know what I'd do with myself if that were to ever happen. I love you." When I looked up from his chest, his eyes were glazed over and it made my heart swell. I leaned up and pressed my lips against his softly, loving the feeling it gave me in my chest.

"I love you too."

~TIME SKIP! NAOMI IS SEVEN AND A HALF MONTHS PREGNANT!~

Also! Remember, just because I put a poll doesn't mean I'll go by it :)

Also also! It doesn't mean I won't either >:)

~Lucas's POV~

"Do you want anything from the kitchen?" Naomi asked while pushing her hands against the couch to lift herself up. I rolled my eyes at her attempt and gently lifted her myself. She scowled at me but I didn't care if she wanted my help or not, I needed to make sure that she wasn't straining herself too much so far along in the pregnancy. Once she was up and ready to go, she screamed out in pain and clutched her belly.

"What the fuck?" When I looked down to where she previously sat, it was stained with blood. Before I could question it further, she let out another painful groan.

"L-Lucas, the baby." Tears were flowing from her eyes as I guided her slowly to the door, trying to not show how much I was freaking out. If I didn't keep calm, I'd make everything worse and both of us being frantic was not going to help. After getting Naomi in the car, I drove past the speed limit to the hospital which was ten minutes away.

"DRIVE FASTER YOU ASSHOLE!" Her face was blotched with red as she held on to the handle next to the window. I knew she was in pain and she wasn't trying to insult me. It killed me that I could t do anything to take away her pain and give it to myself.

"My girlfriend is pregnant and she's bleeding! Help her please!" I shout to the nurse while holding Naomi up the best I could. The curly haired lady quickly calls out random orders that I don't pay attention to and soon, Naomi's on a gurney being taken away by doctors.

"WHERE ARE YOU TAKING HER? Let go of me!" I tried to pry the nurse's hands off of me but my vision became blurred when she told me only family was allowed.

My knee bounced up and down and up and down, over again until I couldn't take sitting down anymore. It had been a mere five minutes but it felt like an eternity.

I had sent Ten a text and he said he would be here as soon as possible, but it wasn't soon enough. Around me, there were a diverse selection of people. Some crying, some children, elderly, some even happy. I fell into the first category. My chest tightened each time I thought about what could possibly be of Naomi and our child.

"LUCAS!" I turned to see Ten running towards me, a frantic look on his face.

"What the hell happened?" He had come alone and I tried to come up with the words to explain what happened but my mouth was dry and I just couldn't.

"Family of Naomi Jimenez?" A nurse had quickly interrupted our (sort of) conversation and we hurried over to her.

"And who might you two be?" It was a different nurse than last time so I figured maybe I could play this off correctly.

"I'm her fiancé and he's her legal guardian. How is she?" The nurse looked at us skeptically but ignored it which I was thankful for. I didn't have time for picky nurses right now.

"Naomi lost a bit of blood but not too much where we have to transfuse any. She had a placental abruption which means her placenta separated from her uterus, causing the bleeding and early contractions. We thought that it was only Braxton-Hicks along with minor bleeding but we're going to have to deliver the baby now. You're the father of the child right?" If my mouth was dry before, it was the Sahara desert now. I could barely nod, trying to process what she had told us.

"We need your consent because Ms. Jimenez isn't conscious at the moment. The baby is premature but if we deliver now, there'd be a higher chance of survival than if we wait." She gave us a sympathetic look and it made me want to vomit. I wanted to hate her for telling me such bad things but I didn't have it in me.

"Do whatever you c-can to save them. Both." I managed out and slumped into the nearest chair, still clutching onto Ten's forearm. He was as tense as I was and none of us could talk. It was as if a cat had truly gotten our tongues because there was so much to say about how we wanted Naomi to be okay.

The nurse nodded solemnly and went back through the door that they had taken Naomi in. I swallowed and sent out a text to our friends and waited for what I hoped would be good news. Everyone had responded with similar reactions, being scared and worried but I locked my phone. I didn't want to read any of it. Ten was on the phone with Naomi's mother and I could hear her tears through the phone. I was supposed to take care of Naomi, and here she was in trouble.

"She's taking the next flight in from Korea. She'll be here tomorrow night. I need to call Jhonas now. I think I should step out for that, he's pretty frantic." Ten wiped his tears and got up, leaving me to think about the possible outcomes of today.

-

-

-

-

hey everyone!!! once again thank u for 7k! I was gonna make this one chapter but nah lmfao.

I decided that I wouldn't reveal the gender until the end of the next chapter.

I believe I mentioned before I liked books that didn't have happy endings >:) but I haven't decided the fate of this book yet!

question of the chapter:
favorite youtubers?

answer of the chapter:
Shane Dawson
asmr ppl
buncha make up ppl