chapter 38.

~Lucas's POV~

"It's been two weeks since you started throwing up, we have to go to the doctor again baby." I nagged at Naomi again and she rolled her eyes then her eyes widened.

"Two weeks? As in 14 days? Like half of a month?" She stammered out and I nodded, confused as to why it was so shocking to her. It's not like she lost track of time or anything. It had been two weeks since the party and our epidemic of food poisoning. I was fine, Naomi was not.

"Oh no. No. No. No! Fuck!" She was freaking out and I couldn't understand why. Did she forget an assignment? Her string of curses went on until she was pacing back and forth, almost tripping over herself.

"What the fuck Naomi? What's wrong?" I stand up and take her wrists in my hands, stopping her from moving anymore.

"M-my fuck! My period Lucas. It's late. Really late. Two weeks late." There were tears in her eyes and she was shaking. I realized what that could possibly mean and my eyes widened. Fuck.

"Let's go." I pulled her along with me and put on my slides, handing Naomi her own. She was silent as we got to the car and silent when we made it to the pharmacy. I roamed the aisle that held what we needed.

"Naomi, snap out of it! I don't know which one to grab!" She shook herself out of her head and examined the tests to see which would provide the best results. It scared me that she remained speechless the entire time. What the hell were we going to do?

The cashier looked at us sympathetically and I wanted to shove my fist through his face. Refraining myself, I paid and we went back to the car again.

As we got home, Naomi ran to the bathroom and slammed the door behind her. I let out a sigh and slid my back down the wall outside the bathroom. I sat there until the door opened and Naomi pulled me inside.

"I took two. I have to wait three minutes. Three minutes. 180 seconds. I can't wait. I need to know now." She was calmer than before, I didn't know how she was feeling because she didn't exactly express her emotions through her face at the moment.

Naomi clung onto my shirt as I held her tightly against my chest. If the test came back positive? What would happen? Naomi had to finish school, I had to keep working, we were both still young. Naomi was turning 19 in a few months and I was turning 20 soon, still too young for a kid right?

My mind was racing with thoughts about where this would lead us if the test came back positive. I could feel her heartbeat against my own as we waited for three minutes that seemed to go by so slowly. My palms were sweaty and I tried to be calm even though I was freaking out on the inside. I had to be there for Naomi no matter what the results were, I couldn't imagine what she could possibly be feeling.

I tried to think back to that night when we had sex, did I really not use a condom? We were both so drunk, the entire memory was foggy. If she was pregnant, it would explain all her nausea and the throwing up. If she wasn't pregnant that meant that something else was probably going on and I needed to take her to the doctor. But how would that explain her late period? Maybe she'll get it soon? Maybe it's just late and it'll come any day now. Or maybe it won't. Maybe the nausea is because there's a fetus inside of her. A child. My child.

I had to break myself away from the ideas that ran through my head. I could hear Naomi sniffling against me and I kissed the top of her head. The timer she had set up on her phone went off and she looked at me with wide eyes. This was it.

"I can't look. I don't want to. You look for me okay?" Naomi had tears welling up in her eyes and it broke my heart to see her so scared of two pieces of plastic. Those pieces of plastic would decide our future together. I had to look.

I pulled her into the bathroom with me and looked at us in the mirror. My hair was a mess on my head and Naomi's messy bun was ten times messier than it was before. I took a shaky breath and looked at er one more time before kissing her softly.

"No matter what, I love you so fucking much. I'm always going to be here no matter what." I said to her, caressing her cheek gently.

"I love you too. So much." She replied and I finally braced myself to see whether or not one line would come up or a cross would. The box said that one line meant not pregnant. A cross meant pregnant. Another deep breath and I looked down on the counter where both tests laid still as if their job wasn't to tell someone whether or not they'd be a parent.

"What does it show? Lucas?" I could hear her panicking but I couldn't respond. I thought about what was displayed on the test. I didn't know whether to smile or cry. My anxiety level had increase drastically during the past thirty minutes and I could feel everything in my body like some sort of shot of adrenaline. I didn't know whether I would faint or cheer. Happy or sad. I didn't know what an appropriate reaction would be to the results of the two plastic sticks that were in front of me.

I turned to the panicked girl and looked back down to the tests. My mouth opened and before I could even process what I said, she was crying and then I was crying.

"Y-you're pregnant."

-

-

-

-

HAPPY TWO MONTH ANNIVERSARY!

this wasn't really a surprise was it? I thought I made it pretty obvious. So Naomi is pregnant. What do you think they'll do?

ALSO A WARNING FROM NOW ON THERE WILL BE MENTION OF ABORTION! (That doesn't mean she'll get one((doesn't mean she won't))) BUT IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE! I WILL HAVE A LOT WARNINGS FOR IT!!!

please enjoy and vote and comment I love you !

question of the chapter:
where do you live?

answer of the chapter:
u s of a