chapter 22.

~Thursday~

I sat at my desk, zoning out as Ms. Miller went on about how the constitution was blah blah blah. I never paid attention in class yet I always got an A+. The middle aged woman decided to sport a terra-cotta tank top with a green cardigan that looked like it belonged to her toddler. I grimaced at her choice of clothing and went on my phone. I hadn't yet seen The Three J's or Haechan and Ali but I had classes with them all today. Ali was in my math class next period, Haechan was in my accounting class after that, then Jisung and Jaemin were in my Spanish class.

~ Second Period~

The loud bell startled me and I quickly gathered my shit. I ran to down the hall to my class and took my seat. Ali walked in soon after, giving me a look as she sat down next to me.

"Explain. Now." Ali demanded and I shrunk into my chair, feeing bad for leaving them without saying anything.

"Irene, Jisung's sister, was dating Ten for a while and when I told him that we were going to the beach, he said that Irene was going with her friends. When I saw her sucking face with that guy, I snapped. Then Lucas took me home to tell him, he chose not to believe me so I slept over at Lucas's for a couple days. Then after he asked me to be his girlfriend, Ten called and apologized. He was so heartbroken Ali, I went over there and comforted him until he went to sleep and now I'm here." I took a deep breath after my explanation and Ali's eyes widened.

"He what?" A shocked Ali spoke, and I laughed.

"He asked me to be his girlfriend." A small smile presented itself on to my face along with a rose shade on my cheeks. Ali squealed (rather loudly) causing Ms. Angelica to tell her to "Take a breath."

"You lucky bitch! I wish Haechan would ask me to be his girlfriend." She sighs and sinks in her seat.

"Why don't you ask him?" I suggest and her eyes light up as if she's never heard of such a thing.

"You're right! What if he says no?" Her eyes fall back down which makes me roll mine.

"Have you seen the way he is around you? He'll give you the world in a heartbeat. Ask him, maybe he's just too nervous." This seems to cheer her up and we actually pay attention in class.

~Third Period~

Haechan waved his hand at me, grabbing my attention. This time, I explained everything to him before he could ask.

"I'm happy for you bitch! If only I had the guts to ask Ali out. Do you think she'd say yes?" I rolled my eyes playfully and hit him lightly in the back of the head.

"Shut up and do your work!" Mrs. Gracie bitched at us from the front of the classroom and I ignored her. She wasn't going to do shot anyway.

"Obviously, you shithead. She's in love with you and you're in love with her. Why wouldn't she say yes?" He took my words into consideration and nodded while a smile broke onto his face.

~Fourth (and final) Period~ (a/n I skipped lunch ik sorry bye)

"Buenas tardes clase! Today we will focus on group conversations. Chose your groups and begin speaking about la escuela or su comida favorita. Try to use as little English as possible. Begin!" The short Cuban lady that we knew as Ms. Lopez instructed us and we followed her directions quickly. I took this class as an easy A, already knowing Spanish. I mainly helped other students or the teacher.

Jaemin and Jisung scurried over to me and I internally rolled my eyes, having to explain the whole ordeal again. Before I could finish, my phone buzzed a couple times.

🔟:
I just picked up your pills from the pharmacy. Take one as soon as you get home.

Lucas💙:
hey beautiful, meet me in the dance room as soon as class is over. 💙

To 🔟:
did they up my dose like I asked?

🔟:
Two instead of one a day..

To 🔟:
mkay I have dance today so when I get home

To Lucas💙:
I'll be there soon 💙

The bell rang signaling that school was over for the day and I raced over to the dance room, dodging people in the halls. School ended at 2:05 but dance didn't start until 2:35 so students could go get food beforehand.

"Boo!" I shouted placing my hands on Lucas's broad shoulders. Much to my dismay, he didn't even flinch.

"Hey baby, how was your day?" Lucas leans in for a kiss and I put my hand over his lips.

"How did you not get scared?!" He chuckled at my exasperation and I giggled, placing my lips on his cheek rather than his lips.

"I don't get scared, plus you're not scary at all." I scoff at his 'insulting' words and shrug my bag off my shoulders, taking out my shorts and tank top.

"I'm going to change, be right back!" I announce loudly and head to the changing rooms. When I return, Lucas is laid on the floor with a book in his hands. He doesn't seem to realize that I've returned as he concentrates deeply into the depths of what the book holds.

"Lucas, we need to practice!!!" Once again, he remains unfazed at my attempt to scare him again.

~45 minutes later~

As we continued on adding more parts to the dance, I struggled with a turn that Lucas had shown me. Usually it would be easy for me but at this moment I just couldn't get it. I sighed in frustration again and kept trying to make the fucking turn.

"Baby, it's okay. We could just modify the turn a little and it will be the same." Anger bubbles inside of me and I glared at him. I could do it. No "modifications". I knew how to fucking do it.

"I can do it, Lucas. Hold the fuck up." I snapped at the poor boy who only wanted to help and I winced at how harsh I was. I couldn't help it though.

"Fuck. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap." He have me a reassuring smile and kissed my forehead. Anyone else would have been mad at me but he wasn't.

"Just keep trying, you'll get it." Lucas takes my hand and begins to lead me into the turn which I fail at again.

"Fucking hell!" My rage gets the best of me and I yell out, Lucas staring at me wide-eyed. My own eyes widen at how angry I was feeling and I quickly grabbed my things and ran out of the room. Tears prickled my eyes as I hurried home to the solution of my problem.

"Naomi? Are you okay?" Ten was home when I walked in, cheeks wet of salty tears.

"I blew up at him! I didn't mean to! I was just so fucking irritated that I couldn't get the move but that's not his fault! He probably hates me and thinks I'm crazy now. I'm crazy, Ten. I'm fucking crazy." My words come tangled up in sobs as I explain to Ten what had happened. He gives me a knowing look and  I nod. Since I had slept over Lucas's place, I didn't take the last couple of pills I needed.

"Here. Take one now and the other one just before bed. Don't miss another day, Nai. Remember what happened last time?" Once again I shake my head yes and take the topiramate from him. Ten hands me a glass of water and I drown the pill in my mouth, swallowing quickly after.

"Take a nap, you'll feel better when you wake up." He takes my arm gently and leads me upstairs to my room, practically tucking me in.

Lucas💙:
did I do something? I don't want you to be upset, text me when you feel better

I sighed at the message and cursed at myself for not wanting to tell him the stupid truth.

He deserves to know why you acted out, Naomi.

-

-

hello dear readers! Naomi going through some rough shit and when she tells Lucas, how do you think he'll react? Also Chenle has not been forgotten in this lovely tale, neither has Taeyong nor the rest of the boys! I plan on tying every loose end before the book is over (which is not soon btw) please vote/comment! tyty bye