chapter 13.

I wasn't sure if I was hearing correctly when we both shot out our answers, but at the same time I was positive that he said "You" too.

"D-did you say-?"

"You." He was blushing, not as much as I was but still, the light pink hue was dashed across his cheeks. I struggled to respond to the expecting boy. What do I say now?

"I l-like you too." I manage to stammer out and his cute laugh fills my ears.

"Good."

"Good?"

"Yes, Naomi. Good." He stands up as Jungwoo calls out to him from another room.

"Do you have to go now?" Hiding my disappointment, I give him a small smile. To my dismay he frowns and nods.

"I have to go teach. But I'll text you when I get out okay love?" My heart beats faster and the tip of my ears grow hot.

"Okay, have fun!" With that, we hang up. I remain in a daze, recapping on the conversation and sit up to go tell Ten. But we're still iffy. I decide against it and open up the new group chat.

Me:
AYO HOES

Jisung:
You called?

Haechan:
I'm not a hoe!

Jaemin:
Yes you are.

Me:
GUESS WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENENDKSKSKSK

Jisung:
ughhh i hate guessing

Jaemin:
Something tells me this about your boy toy

Haechan:
I agree with jae

Me:
LUCAS JSJT SAID GHAT HE LIKES ME KDKSKSKS

Jisung:
STOP LYINGNSKSKSK

Haechan:
DID YOU SAY IT BACK?!

Jaemin:
HOLY FUCK

Me:
Obviously I said it backdlspkdkd we were on FaceTime but he had to go to practice.

Jisung:
BITCHHH IM SO PROUD OF YOU

Haechan:
^ also is your friend Ali single?

Jaemin:
didn't you just break up with your ex?

Haechan:
That was ages ago.

Jaemin:
WE MOVED HERE TWO WEEKS AGO. smh and you say you're not a hoe.

I laugh at how the conversation continues, locking my phone. A sigh escapes me and I get up to Ten's room.

"Tenny? Are you still mad?" I push the door open, just enough so I can put my head through.

"No, come in." His voice is stern, but I go in anyways. He pulls me into a hug and it makes me smile.

"I just want to make sure you don't get hurt, Nai. You're my little sister. I'd kill anyone that harms you or even tries to. I only want to see you smile. Please don't forget that." Tears come to my eyes and I squeeze him tighter. Ten is really all I have right now. He's done nothing but take care of me, of course he wants me happy. He knows more than I do.

"I love you, Ten." He kisses the top of me head.

"I love you too, Naomi." We sit down and I remember that I wanted to tell him about Lucas.

"OH SHIT. You're never going to believe what just happened." He pulls my arms off of him, preventing me from shaking him anymore.

"What? Is it about Taeyong? Because if it is, I don't wanna know." His response makes me rolls my eyes but nonetheless I continue.

"Lucas and I were on FaceTime. HE TOLD ME HE LIKES ME AND I TOLD HIM I LIKE HIM!" Though I begin the statement calmly, the end shouted out into Ten's ear.

"NAOMI! Stop yelling. Please. WAIT WHAT?!" For a moment he didn't get what I said, just the screaming. Now it was him screaming.

"I KNOW I KNOW!" I flailed my arms and continuously hit him out of excitement. He grabs my hands and I give him an apologetic smile.

"I got a call from the school, Nai. Franki went into labor. The teacher they hired to take over lives in another state so you won't have practice for two weeks." As soon as he says this, I fall backwards and onto his bed. What was I supposed to do without dance for two weeks?

"I need a job. I can't just stay home and do nothing! Are they hiring at the Cafe?" This sucks, dancing was honestly my favorite thing of the week. I didn't care that I had to wake up early or go home late. It was everything just like singing and art.

"I'm sure Maya has a position for you. Come in with me tomorrow after school. Sound good?" I nod and head back to my room, going to sleep early for once.

~Tuesday morning~

I woke up to a cute good morning text from Lucas and Tater Tot licking my hand as it hung from the bed. Shit. I was going to be late. Taking the quickest shower ever, I choose out a dark purple off the shoulder top with white jeans and flats. After finishing getting dressed, I did my makeup quickly and grabbed a deep plum lipstick to match my shirt.

"TEN LET'S GO! I'M LATE AS FUCK!" He gave me an annoyed look and followed me as I ran to the car. As we drove, I applied the liquid lip, glaring at Ten each time he made the car jump.

"I'LL PICK YOU UP AFTER SCHOOL! Be here when I get here please!" Ten shouts after me and I wave my hand as I run to class, not wanting to be late. Mr. Peters was just about to close the door when I slid through, catching him off guard.

"You got lucky this time Ms. Jimenez." He scolded me but I ignored him and made my way to Jaemin.

"He's such a pain in the ass. Needs to get laid. Speaking of, so do I." Jaemin continues to ramble on about his non-existent sex life as I catch up on the notes Mr. Peters has somehow already written.

~lunch~

I run to the cafeteria, my stomach growling, and look for Ali. She's already seated at our table, usually it's just me and her.

"Is it okay if Jisung, Haechan, and Jaemin sit with us?" I ask while sitting down, her eyes widen.

"H-Haechan? The cute new kid with the orange-ish hair? Here? With us?" Her reaction makes me laugh. I guess Haechan wasn't the only one who had taken an interest.

"Yes Ali, look they're coming now." I point to the three boys and I stand up to go grab some pizza. She looks at me desperately begging with her eyes to not leave her alone. Oops.

"Haechan, Jaemin, Jisung! This is Ali. Ali these are the boys." Haechan, being the flirt he is, takes her hand and kisses it. Meanwhile, Jaemin and Jisung merely wave.

As I return to my seat, I join the conversation on scary movies and how Jaemin absolutely hates them. Haechan and Ali spent lunch oogling each other, but no one said a word.

~in the café~

"So Naomi, you start tomorrow after school, your shifts will mostly coincide with Ten's to make it easier. No uniform, just dress appropriately. You'll get paid weekly but you get any tips they're yours to keep. Sound good?" Maya explains everything and I nod trying to remember it all. I take pictures of the meñu and tell myself to study it so I can do my job easily.

Hopefully this new job will keep me busy, lord knows I need that.

-

-

So Naomi has a job. New friends. Lucas and her confessed. This chapter was kind of like a filler because the big jump could happen next chapter or the one after. thank you for reading ❤️