Chapter 3

Noah

I sit in a hospital bed, Cole sleeping next to me, arms locked around me tight but not as to hurt me. Church and Eden sit on the empty hospital bed beside me. Church's mate, Wade, lays with his head on Church's lap. Eden sits alone.

From the minute Eden came in to see me he'd been acting distant. His eyes would fill with tears every so often. I will ask him what is wrong when we are alone.

I don't understand how Church and Eden can interact with other people in the pack. They talked to pack members and the doctors like nothing was wrong. I was terrified of everyone. How could they act like nothing happened to them? I decide to ask them.

"Because we want to move on Noah. We have to." Church says softly while lovingly stroking Wade's hair. "It can't be healthy for us to hold onto our awful past. Don't you want to be happy? We don't want to dwell on the past when we can look forward to having a wonderful future. I found my mate Noah! And so have you. And Eden... he... we want to be normal. Don't be afraid. Don't let them win."

I sigh snuggling closer to my mate. I put my small hands over his large ones that lay on my tummy.

"I will try to move on. For you guys. And my mate. I will try even though it will be hard for me to do."

Eden comes up to me and hugs me tightly before moving towards the door.

"You're leaving already?" I ask. I try to stand and whimper as my leg twists, the cast digging into my thigh. Cole wakes, only to pull me closer and rub my hip as he falls asleep again.

"Sleep well Noah. I love you." Eden yawns, gently rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand.

"I love you Eden." I say as he leans over and kisses my forehead then makes his way out of the hospital room.

"What happened to him?" I ask Church.

"Eden found his mate. It's the Alpha. They haven't talked yet but it doesn't look too well already. Between them I mean. I don't know. I'm sure he will figure it out and be happy."

Church yawns softly and leans back onto the pillow behind him.

"I'm just gonna rest for a little bit." He mumbles. His eyes dropping before they close and soft snores fill the room.

I smile, realizing that from now on we would get to sleep well through the night. Maybe even sleep in!

I curl up a little bit before using Cole's arm as a pillow. I will myself to fall asleep and after a little bit my eyes begin to feel heavy and I begin to drift off.

Zaryn

I find myself walking towards my Mate's room following his scent. I come to a stop at a door at the end of one of the hallways the pack house.

I think back to the conversation Leila and I had when she came back from taking my mate to the pack doctor.

"He's your mate isn't he? Eden. That's his name." Leila said softly.

"I don't care if he's my mate. I'm not gay and I refuse to be with that used sad excuse of a wolf." I reply.

"How could you?! How could you be so cruel as to reject your own mate?! He has been through so much and he needs you. As soon as we walked out of your room he began to cry. He needs you Zaryn. You need to step up and be a mate to him. To help him." Leila demanded.