Chapter 7

Eden

Later that night I walk to Zaryn's office. I need to talk to him even if he's not willing to listen. I knock softly before opening the door. Zaryn's head snaps up and he growls, standing up out of his chair.

"Get the fuck out of my-,"

"Please," I whimper. "Please. I need, we need to talk. Please Zaryn." I beg him.

Zaryn sits back down and crosses his arms. I take it as a sign that he is willing to talk. I pull up a chair from the corner and drag it so that it is next to Zaryn.

I sit down, looking at I'm from the small gap between us. I lean over and take hold of his wrist. I feel as he begins to pull away. I tug his hand back and twine my fingers with his. Sparks explode between us and I gasp softly.

"Do you feel that?" I whisper gently. He looks up into my eyes. "It's not a mistake. I can't keep thinking my whole life that I'm a mistake. That I wasn't ever supposed to be happy. That I was supposed to be abused and used as a sex toy. I just want to be happy. And seeing that the man that is supposed to make me happy and feel loved, doesn't even want me. It makes me feel like I am nothing. And somehow that's worse than those men touching me and hurting me."

By the time I finish there are tears running down my cheeks. My hands, which are clasped tightly around his large hand, shake violently. Zaryn leans close and I think that he's going to hurt me. I flinch. He continues to move closer. I tightly shut my eyes. I feel his lips gently press against my cheek. His lips are smooth and plump. Tears stream faster down my face. My hands tighten their grip on his.

I abruptly lean back and look into his beautiful golden eyes. I close my eyes, bringing my forehead down and laying it on his shoulder. I bury my face into his neck. I begin to violently sob. I wrap my arms around his neck. Zaryn's arms go around my waist. He hauls me onto his lap, sitting back into his chair.

Zaryn rubs my back, breathing in deeply. I struggle to talk over my cries so I wait until I calm to only soft sniffles. The tears coming out slower.

"Does this mean you accept me?"

Zaryn takes another deep breath. He pulls me back and looks deeply into my eyes. He wipes away my tears.

"My parents," he trails off. "They're not accepting to.. people like... people who like the same gender. When my father met my mother she had come from something like the situation that you were in. She was abused and raped by her pack members because her parents had turned rouge and killed the Alpha's only child. But she was only a toddler when it had happened. What could she have done about it? She had a best friend from her pack who had protected her. His name was Axel. He was gay. His mate was an omega male named Fawn. My mother loved them so much. They were all so close. My father rescued her from the pack after finding out she was his mate. She turned seventeen on the day he was set to return to his pack. He promised to take Axel and Fawn with them thinking that they were all only friends. My father found out that the men were mates. My mother was heavily pregnant with me and couldn't do anything to save them. My father took them away and brutally murdered them. Fawn was pregnant with Axel's child. My mother was devastated. But she couldn't leave my father because I was to be the next Alpha of the pack. People left the pack if they found out they had a same-sex mate. They feared for their lives. I'm so afraid that when he finds out about you that he will murder you too. I didn't want to find my mate and have it be a male because I didn't want him to get killed by my father. I wanted so badly to be straight even though I knew that I wasn't. I'm so sorry. It was such an awful thing to do but I didn't want to believe it. And- and he's coming today to stay for the week. He's almost here and I just," Zaryn hurries his face into my neck.