Chapter 5

Wade

I open my truck door for Church and lift him up inside and onto the passenger seat. He giggles as I lift him and smiles down at me. He tugs the seatbelt out and hands it to me. I climb up onto the step on my truck and reach over and click his seatbelt into place.

"Safety first," I whisper and kiss his cheek as I make my way out of the truck.

I carefully close the door making sure his tail, which is swishing back and forth excitedly, won't get slammed in the door. I make my way over to the driver seat and get in. As I cross my seatbelt over, Church takes it from my hand and buckled me in.

"Safety first!" He giggles and bounces in his seat. "Where are we going? I wanna go outsideee!" Church presses his face against the glass and giggles even more.

"We will be outside in about an hour. Church, I have to tell you something. We are going to another pack today." Church looks at me with fear and his breathing picks up.

"No no, it's nothing bad, sweetheart. We think that we have located your family. Your parents. We want you to have a family so we have been searching and have found a possible match. No one there will hurt you. We are only trying to give you the happiness that you deserve." I reassure him.

Church calms and reaches over to me. He wraps his tiny hands around my hand that is resting on the middle compartment. He twines our hands together and kisses each of my knuckles. Even though we haven't kissed on the lips yet, only had small contact with one another, I feel such a strong connection to him even from the slightest of kisses from him. I smile.
"If you're hungry I packed you lots of fruits and muffins to choose from. I remember that you loved bananas so I made sure I packed fresh banana muffins. Just in case you can't have any of the foods that the Blue Moon Pack are serving today."

"Thank you!" Church beams as he looks back to the basket and rummages through it. He pulls out a banana muffin and bites into it. He moans and takes another big bite. I tell him so slow down and not take too big of bites. I see him from the corner of my eye hold out the muffin to me. I smile as he dangles it over my mouth. I take a big bite out of the muffin, then focus on my driving.

"How about you get some rest. I'll wake you up when we get there." I say to Church.
"Okay. Goodnight Wade." Church whispers and curls up on his seat.

When we arrive, the Alpha is standing on the front doorstep waiting for us. He stands alone without his Beta or Gamma. He smiles as I park the truck.

"Church. Wake up, we're here."

Church stretches and yawns softly. His eyelids open and he stares at me. He gives me a sleepy smile and sits up.

"Outside?" Church whispers.

I chuckle. "Yes, we are going outside now. Remember to be respectful of the Alpha."

Church nods and pulls out three peaches from the basket and smiles at me. I get out of the truck and go over to help Church get out of the truck. I open the door and lift him into my arms. I turn to sit him down and find that the Alpha is walking towards us. I bow my head in respect and Church follows.

"Welcome to the Blue Moon Pack! I am Alpha Fredrick but I prefer to be called Fred. And you," he says turning to Church. "Must be the little omega. Church."

Church smiles shyly and holds out the peaches to Alpha Fred.

"For me?" He asks. Church nods. A blush stains his cheeks a pretty pink. Alpha Fred laughs and takes the peaches from Church.