Epilogue

Eden

Six years later...

I sit on Rayne's tiny bed, folding his clean clothes. Rayne lays under his covers asleep. His soft white hair tousled. His tiny hands underneath his pillow. Rayne's cheeks were a rosy pink, as they usually were when he slept.

After I finish folding the clothes I set them down and pull back the covers.

I carefully lift Rayne's shirt off of him and slip on another one. I tuck him back into the covers and make my way to the living room where Zaryn is.

I find Zaryn and Sage curled up on the couch together. Sage is pressed up close to my mate's chest. Very soft snores flow past Sage's parted lips. His black hair spiked up in all directions.
Zaryn spots me and gently places Sage on the couch. He walks over to me and pulls me close. He kisses me so softly and so sweetly. Our tongues meet and I moan quietly. He pulls away, his gaze finding the small shirt I am holding.

"Rayne is asleep?" Zaryn asks. I nod and hand him the shirt.

We had been sending a shirt or a discarded stuffed animal to Caden so he wouldn't go crazy from being so far away from Rayne for years. Rayne still has no memory of Caden and will do fine until they meet. But Caden will need to have Rayne's scent around him at all times. We send him something every three months when the scent begins to disappear.

"I should go down to the training grounds and see if one of our warriors can deliver this. We are a couple of days late. Caden is most likely worrying at this point. I made sure that I had Rayne draw a picture for him. I told Rayne that I was going to send it to a friend who is sick. He drew a pink flower. I remember how I wrote to Caden that Rayne likes to draw. Caden wanted a picture of him. Let's go now?"

Zaryn nods and turns his head towards the clock on the wall. It was past midnight. Zaryn takes my hand as we make our way to our room to get our shoes.

Two small figures stand in front of our door. I recognize the small form as Church's daughters Athena and Aurora. Athena is six, the same age as my and Noah's children. She has dark brown hair and green eyes. Her skin is lightly tanned.

Aurora is three years old. Unlike her sister, she has strawberry blonde hair and pale skin with a light dusting of freckles. She has dark chocolate-colored eyes.

Since they only had daughters Wade will have to hand over his position to one of the training warriors when Sage finds his mate and becomes an Alpha of our pack. We will continue to lead until we want to retire. Wade and Church love their pups. They are grateful for them and do not wish that they had a male pup.

"Athena, what are you doing here?" I ask, lightly placing a hand on her shoulder. She shrugs and turns back to Aurora, who clutches onto her hand.

"We can't sleep," Aurora whines.

"Come on let's take you back to your mummy and daddy. Okay?" Zaryn says as he crouches down and picks up the girls. They giggle and hold onto him.

"Can we stay with you tonight uncle Zaryn?" Athena asks.

"Not tonight. We are busy at the moment. But maybe another night okay?"
The girls nod. Zaryn brings the girls back to Wade's room and I go into our bedroom to get our boots.

I find a doll on the floor in our room. I smell it and see that it is my niece's doll. Meadow must have left it here. Meadow is Noah and Cole's daughter. She is very loud and bubbly. She has beautiful dark hair and olive skin. Her bright blue eyes are fringed by lovely lashes.

Her doll that I hold was custom made to look like her. I remember buying it for her at Christmas. I set the doll on our bed and grab our boots. I wait in the living room for Zaryn.

Zaryn comes into the room and slips his boots on. He grabs my hand and leads me outside and to the training room.

A warrior waits for us there. He silently takes the box with the note, shirt, and drawing for Caden and disappears into the night.

Zaryn turns to me, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"You know... We haven't had time alone for a while. And since we are up, shouldn't we take advantage of this time?" Zaryn says to me.

I giggle, pulling him in close for a kiss. I take his hand and run back to the house with Zaryn.
He throws me onto the bed and climbs on top of me. We kiss with great passion. Warm sweaty bodies sliding together. Hands grabbing and feeling each other. Breathless moans and groans fill the otherwise silent room.

I have come so far. My life had been completely turned around for the better. I have a family and a pack who loves and respects me. I have a handsome amazing mate who loves me so much. I have my parents and siblings and their pack. I have everything I could have ever wanted in life.
If I could go back, I wouldn't change a single thing.