Chapter 15

Zaryn

"Alpha Cruz. Enemy or not, we need to have a serious conversation. We both have to be completely honest with each other. Alright?" I say.

"And why would I do that?" Alpha Cruz fires back.

"Please, Alpha Cruz. This could benefit both of us if you would just listen to me."

Alpha Cruz takes a deep breath. He runs his tongue across his top row of teeth. He then sighs.
"Fine. I will listen. What do you want?" Alpha Cruz sits up straighter in his chair.

I take a deep breath, getting ready to answer when I hear the creaking of the office door opening behind me. Cole turns and makes his way over to the door. I hear muffled words exchanged and Cole protesting. Suddenly there is a wail from behind the half-closed door followed by many sobs.

Eden.

Cole steps back to reveal a red-faced Eden. A fluffy blanket wrapped around him tightly. His white hair sticking up in all directions. Thick tears stream down his rosy cheeks. He hiccups uncontrollably as he tries to catch his breath. He then looks behind me and gasps.

I look back to find Alpha Cruz staring at Eden in shock. I turn to Eden and hold out my arms.

"Eden. Come here, sweetheart. It's okay." I bend down to his level as he slowly approaches me, still crying. He buries his head into the crook of my neck. He wraps his arms around me and lets out a heart-wrenching sob.

"You p-promised m-me that you w-would be th-there when I w-woke up b-but you-," Eden breaks off and sobs again. I haul him up into my arms, his small legs wrapping around my waist. I stand, facing Alpha Cruz.

I turn Eden so that Alpha Cruz can see his face. Eden's eyes are scrunched closed and he whimpers trying to bury his face back into his spot on my neck.

"This," I say gesturing to Eden. "Is why I called you. He was kidnapped along with his brother at a very small age and was forced to live as sex slaves their whole lives. We found where they were keeping the omegas and saved the ones who were not already killed when we got there. We were only able to save three lives. Two of which are the twins. My Beta Cole realized that the twins looked very much like you and called you to confirm. Did your Luna give birth to twin boys? Omegas with an extra set of wolf ears and a tail in human form?"

Alpha Cruz is to busy gaping at Eden to answer. He blinks and looks back at me.

"How- I thought they were dead..." he shakes his head. "How do I know that this is my son? What if you are lying. Trying to make me weak?"

"I will make you a deal. Meet me at the clearing between our territories in two hours. Expect only me, my Beta, and the twins to be there. You can bring your entire pack if you don't trust me enough. But I do think that this boy is yours."

"See you in two hours then." Alpha Cruz then ends the call abruptly. I sigh and pull Eden closer to me.

"That could be my dad?" He asks softly.

"Possibly. Now let's get you some food. I hope that will make it up for not being there when you woke. I'll have the chefs make you whatever you and our pup desire."

"Sage."

"What?" I ask.

"That's what his name will be. Sage." I smile at Eden.