Chapter 14

Zaryn

"Alright. Your pup seems to be in good health though I do have some concerns about your...birth canal." Doctor Laurent says to Eden.

"You mean my asshole?" Eden says. I choke on air and give Eden a stern look. Doctor Laurent stares shocked at the small boy in front of him using such foul language. Doctor Laurent clears his throat, looking down at his clipboard.

"There seem to be many tears on the walls of your canal from... past damage. They have not healed properly at all. I suggest completing the mating before you give birth or else it could be extremely painful. And you could lose a substantial amount of blood. Meaning that you can die from blood loss or something else can go wrong if the wounds tear open again. As you know an Alpha's saliva can heal a mate's wounds. So Zaryn, I suggest..um.. coating your...in your saliva instead of using a lubricant. It will reach deeper wounds and heal them so Eden is ready for childbirth." Doctor Laurent shifts uncomfortably.

I nod. "So when would the latest point in which we should complete our mating?" I ask.
"I certainly don't want you to rush things Alpha, but we are talking about the safety of your mate and pup. I suggest completing it within the week. Just because his belly is getting larger. It will be harder for him to complete the mating."

Eden shifts on the hospital table, the paper underneath him crinkling. He slides off the table and walks over to me. He sits on my lap and I wind my arms around him.

"Okay," Eden says. "Can we complete it now?" Eden asks me. I don't know what to say. He just got back from being held hostage and now he wants to mate with me.

"How about tomorrow? At least a little while. I want you to eat and rest and be with Noah and Church because they missed you so much. And I just want to go to sleep tonight and hold you. Because I never got the chance to before."

Eden nods softly and rests his head on my shoulder. "I'm sleepy. I just wanna go to bed. Can you put me with Noah? But can you stay too? I want to be around both of you."

"Alright." I murmur, burying my face into the crook of his neck. Eden whimpers and shifts in my hold. He grabs his tummy as it growls loudly. I chuckle, rubbing his tummy.

Doctor Laurent leaves the room and comes back with a pink ice pop.

"Here," he says, handing it to Eden after opening it. "That will hopefully hold you over until one of the chefs can bring you some proper food. You are allowed to leave now. Come back at the end of the week. I would like to check up on you to see how you and your pup are doing. Have a good day Luna Eden. Alpha Zaryn." Doctor Laurent bows his head before leaving the room.

Eden sucks on a piece of the ice pop. The pink flavoring slowly coming away to reveal the flavorless white ice underneath. He then holds the ice pop out to me.

"No sweetheart, this is for you. I don't need none." Eden shakes his head softly.

"I like pink. This tastes plain." He says, gesturing to the white on top. I shake my head softly, smiling and leaning over and biting the top off of the ice pop. Eden pushes the ice pop up to suck on more of the pink flavoring.

I stand up while holding Eden close to me. I make my way down to the tv room where I find Noah and Church asleep on a couch. By now, Eden has finished sucking out all of the flavorings from the ice pop. He holds out the ice to me and I take it.

"More icy pops?" Eden asks.

"No. Not until you are willing to eat the entire pop, not just the flavoring. I would be happy to get you some fruits though. Or some yogurt with granola and blueberries in it."

"Yogurt," Eden whispers, his head lolling down into the crook of my neck. I nod, setting him down on the couch with Noah and Church. Eden curls up next to his brother and yawns. His eyes flutter shut and his breathing evens out.

I will wait until he wakes up to go and get him some food. Right now my little one needs to rest. I lean down to kiss his forehead. I press another kiss to Eden's tummy, saying goodnight to Eden and our pup.

Alpha. You need to come to the office immediately. Cole's voice echos through my head.

I think I have found Noah and Eden's family. But... there's a slight problem.

I'm on my way, Cole. I reply to him, making my way to my office.

As soon as I make it to my office I find Cole on the computer.

"Alpha Zaryn," Cole bows his head in respect. "Come and take a look at this. Eden and Noah look a lot like the Alpha of the Blood Claw Pack."

"What?"

Alpha Cruz of the Blood Claw Pack was our enemy. They were one of the strongest ranking packs. We lost many of our pack members from wars started by Alpha Cruz and his pack.
I rush over to the computer to find a photo of a man with cold icy blue eyes. White hair styled on his head. Pale skin and a straight nose. Alpha Cruz.

I also see a woman seated next to him. A small woman. An omega. With dark brown hair and hazel eyes. She also has very pale skin. What I also see is fluffy ears atop her head and a tail just behind her.

Another man who looks to be our age stands behind his parents. Same white hair as his father. He has strikingly green eyes. I recognize him as the next alpha of the pack when Alpha Cruz decides to step down. His son, Neve.

"If they are his children we need to contact them. Even if they are our sworn enemies. Maybe if it all goes well they will consider becoming our allies. After all... I just. They do look so much like Alpha Cruz. There no doubt that Noah and Eden aren't his children." Cole says.

Cole projects the screen onto the empty wall in front of us. We use it for calling other packs so they can see our entire office if there are other members in the room.

"Beta Cole. What do you think you're doing?"

"Please Zaryn. Trust me. Okay?" Cole pleads. I nod hesitantly.

He presses 'call' on Alpha Cruz's line and stands, making his way over to me. The line rings about five times before the word connecting flashes across the screen.

"Alpha Zaryn. What a surprise. Hmph. Here to start another war? Why on earth would you be calling me at a time like this? Here you are calling on my son's birthday. Are you trying to provoke me?"