Chapter 19

*two months later...

Zaryn

My world is dark. All I can see for miles every which way is black. Even underneath me is a void of black. A light shines under my feet, forming into a path through the darkness. I hear someone singing in the distance.

"You are my sunshine my lovely sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray..."

I follow the beautiful voice down the path. I soon come upon a wooden door, the darkness forming into a hallway that looks like one in the packhouse.

I open the door to find Eden sitting in a rocking chair holding two pups. He sings to them as they latch onto his nipples drinking his milk. The pups squirm and make tiny noises as they reach up towards Eden's chest.

Eden looks up as I walk into the room. His expression changes and so does the room.

Eden sits on his knees on the grass. He is naked, clutching onto two unresponsive pups. All three of them are bloodied and bruised.

Blood gushes from Eden's chest and backside. Eden wails into the cold night as more blood pours from wounds that are splitting open all over his small body.

The pups fall out of Eden's hands and tumble to the ground and out of their blankets. They roll onto their backs. I gasp at the sight.

The pups could have only been born that day. They were a tiny and slimy mess. Bruises and cuts covered their tiny naked forms. Blood also gushes from underneath them near their backsides as well. On their chests, are empty blood-filled holes where their hearts should be.

No!

It is all too much for me to handle. I collapse to the ground and throw up all of the contents of my stomach. Tears stream down my face as I stare at the horrible sight in front of me.

Eden snarls at me angrily.

"How could you do this to us?! Why would you leave me when I fucking needed you?! You left us and it cost our lives! Our fucking children won't get to live because of you! This is all. Your. Fault."

"No! Eden! What's happening?! What...where...I," I begin to crawl towards Eden. A rouge wolf tackles me from behind. I struggle to get out from underneath him but he is too strong.

Eden lets out a blood-curdling scream as another man shoves him to the ground and thrusts into him hard. Eden sobs as the man mercilessly pounds into him. Eden struggles, trying desperately to reach the pups on the ground.

I spot three men approaching at the corner of my eye. The man behind Eden points to the dead pups. The others smile wickedly before striding towards my pups.

I scream and growl and threaten but no one listens.

I feel weak! I cannot even push the wolf off of me. I cry out as two men grab the pups by their legs and the third man thrusts his member into Eden's mouth, stifling his cries of pain.

My body shakes as the wolf begins to claw at my arms. I scream as blood pours down my arms.

Zaryn...

Zaryn!

ZARYN!!!