Chapter 16

Eden

Dad is going to take us to his territory. We get to ride in a car again! This car is big and black and shines in the light. I get to sit on Zaryn's lap. Because there were only three seats in the back and Noah needed to be comfortable with his leg.

Zaryn's very large hand gently strokes my tummy. Zaryn looks out the window, eyes darting around looking at every little detail. I keep forgetting that he had never seen this territory before.

My hands are too busy feeling the leather of the seat and holding onto Zaryn's other hand so I curl my tail against his arm and give it a small tug. Zaryn's head snaps down. He smiles at me and leans in to kiss me.

I whimper and melt into the kiss. His lips are warm and all I wanted at that moment was to be alone with him. A warm feeling begins to grow in the pit of my tummy.

My wolf Fawn howls in discomfort.

We are going into heat. We should be alright for a few hours but be careful. Fawn says to me.
But I thought you could not go through heat if you are pregnant. I respond, feeling a little uneasy about this situation.

You have not completed the mating yet. But pregnant or not, you are going to go through heat. I know it can be scary because this will be your first heat. If you do not complete the mating you will go through lots of pain. In a normal situation, I would help ease the pain. But since you are pregnant it will be my job to keep any harm from reaching the pup. So if I were you... Fawn trails off.

I sigh and lean back into my position on Zaryn's hard chest. Hard... I feel myself grow hard. Everyone in the car stares at me, obviously smelling my arousal.

Shit...

"I-I'm sorry. I can't help it. My hormones are all over the place. I just saw a really big tree and..." Oh, Goddess. I suck at lying. Noah snickers and leans back against Cole.

Zaryn leans forward, pressing his lips against the shell of my ear.

"Just you wait until tonight little one," he whispers seductively. I whimper softly and nod. The driver looks back at all of us through the little mirror.

"We are almost to the packhouse. I have been informed that Luna Freya and Neve are waiting on the front steps."

I take a deep breath as the packhouse comes into view. It is stunning. Not like ours, which is large and beautiful, but this is equally amazing. It looks like a castle to me. My eyes focus on man and woman sitting on the steps. When the car pulls up the woman stands, pressing a hand against her heart and the other against her mouth.

Before the car stops, I reach for the handle and pull. The car door opens and I jump out. The car slams on the breaks and I hear people in the car yelling at me but I ignore it.

The woman lets out a sob and rushes at me. She crushes me into a hug and starts to stroke my hair. She tugs at my ears and pulls me back.

"Oh, my baby!" She sobs. She brings me back into a hug. I put my arms around her and squeeze. She holds me for a while before I hear another person slowly approaching us. We both turn to find Noah struggling to walk over to us. Crutches slipping on the driveway.

The woman then runs over to Noah and hugs him. Noah drops the crutches and hugs her back, balancing on one leg.

The woman is taller than us but is still very short. She has ears and a tail like us.