Chapter 10

Eden

I walk down a long hallway towards the kitchen. Zaryn had gone to patrol the pack borders. He would be gone for the whole day and I had nothing to do. I had gotten hungry around eleven-thirty but didn't get out of bed until twelve.

Noah had to go back to the pack doctor to get his leg checked for the second time in three days. I stretch my back and feel a sharp prick at the base of my spine. My lower back has been hurting a lot recently and I was in search of one of the cooks to see if they would make me some tea to soothe my pain.

I reach the end of the hallway and begin to turn when I am suddenly slammed into the wall. Before I can scream, a large hand wraps itself around my throat, cutting off my oxygen.
I choke, kicking and clawing at any body part I could come into contact with. My vision is becoming clouded with black dots. My eyelids becoming heavy. Another hand covers my nose with a cloth that has an overwhelming scent of chemicals. My eyes begin to droop until they flutter shut. The world spins as everything turns black.

I wake up chained up to a concrete wall. My right ankle attached to a somewhat long chain. My ankle burns from the silver and I stifle a gasp. I take in my surroundings as I slump against the rough bumpy wall. The room from floor to ceiling was made of concrete. There were bloodstains on the walls. I sob slowly. I let the warm salty tears cascade down my cheeks.

As soon as Zaryn finally says that he loves me, I am taken away from him.

A clinking sound comes from both sides of me. I look up and realize that two other forms are chained, each of us occupying our own wall.

One of the figures, a small omega male looks up at me and gasps. He has light brown hair and wide blue eyes. His tiny nose and his cheeks are covered in freckles. His skin is pale, slowly turning a whiter shade as he stares at me.

"Oh no," he whimpers. "No. No, not again. Axel! No, no, no. Oh, you poor boy."

Axel. That name sounded so familiar. The other man, who is larger meets my eyes from across the room. It was now his turn to be shocked. This man has dark brown hair with hazel eyes. His skin pales as well.

"Did you..., where did you...did you come from the River Moon Pack?" Axel asks.

I nod softly, sniffling while wiping away my tears. "Where am I?" I whimper.

The other boy begins to sob. "Oh, Axel! No, it's happening again!" The boy's cries are unbearable. His pain is making me feel even worse about the situation I am in. How long had they been here? What does he mean by it was happening again? What's going on? Why me? And then I remember where I heard the man's name from. Everything clicks in my mind.

"Are you," I start, looking towards the smaller boy. He looks up through teary eyes. "Are you... is your name Fawn?" I ask.

The boy gasps. He nods very slowly.

"How... how do you know my name?" He whispers.

Zaryn

My wolf had been restless all day. Pacing back and forth, urging me to go to our mate. But I couldn't with my father around keeping a close eye on us. I know that he was getting suspicious and it was beginning to worry me.

As I am walking back from patrolling the borders I find a crying Noah in my office.
"Zaryn!" He cries out. "I can't find Eden anywhere! His scent isn't in the house at all! I didn't know where else to go." Noah sobs slowly, clutching onto the wheels of his wheelchair.
I let out a furious growl, inhaling deeply only to find the faintest scent of my mate. I run after that scent in fear of losing it. Noah calls after me but I ignore it. I follow the fading scent of peaches and cream outside where it abruptly stops.

I mind link my warriors and our best tracker wolves to form a hunting party for my little mate. I didn't care who knew about Eden and me now. All I wanted was my mate back home and safe with me.

My father wasn't clever in hiding his scent. I could smell his scent leading into the woods. Wherever he was I bet that Eden was there with him.

I shift into my large midnight black wolf and follow the stream of warrior and tracker wolves into the woods. They all follow my father's scent until it comes to a stop at a river.

Fuck. He washed his scent off in the river. Now we have no idea which way he could have possibly gone. I order the wolves to split up, to not come back until they find their Luna. The wolves howl out a reply before splitting up into groups of warriors with at least three trackers each. One group starts West, the other group starts Eastbound. I decide to go North with my group.

I begin to run toward when I hear a rustle in the bushes. I turn to find Cole with a tiny gray shoe in his mouth. He drops it at my feet. I smell my mate's peaches and cream scent on the dirty shoe. I howl and roll down onto the shoe, taking in my mate's scent. I pick up the shoe holding it in my mouth by the laces. I will not let this go until we find Eden. Then I will give it back to him. He will need shoes to make the journey back home. He will come home with us. We will find him and take him back to where he belongs. With me and our pack.

I stand and nudge Cole to follow me and my group. We dart forward, dodging trees and roots in our way. I will find my father and kill him. I will show him no mercy this time. He will get what he deserves. No one messes with my Eden and gets away with it.

Noah

Wade and Church had come back an hour ago. Wade dropped Church off with me before going out to search for Eden.

Church sits next to me on a small couch, I hold him as he wails, face pressed onto my shoulder. Tears stream down my cheeks as well. They'd find Eden. Wouldn't they? Yes. They will. They have to.

I sniffle and reach for a tissue box on the coffee table in front of us. I set the box on my wheelchair and pull it up to us while pushing the table back. I'm not going to just sit here while my brother is suffering. I have to try to contact him through our bond.

I can feel my brother's emotions through our bond. He is afraid. I try to send my love to him over our bond but it is too strained. He can't think clearly through his fear. Church sobs become worse and his breath comes out in short bursts. I pull him close to try to calm him.

"Shhhhh," I whisper in his ear. "Church. Come on, just breathe. Try and take some deep breaths for me. Come on. You're going to be okay. Eden is okay. We will see him again."

My words do nothing to comfort Church. How could they be any comfort to him when I didn't even know if Eden would make it back? When I don't even know if we will see him again. I whimper, leaning back into the couch cushions. I pray that Eden will make it out of this alive. He has to come back alive. Or I don't think I'd be able to survive. Not without my brother by my side.