Chapter 6

Church

I wake up to Wade holding me close to his chest. He is talking to somebody next to me, but I don't pay attention. I just look at his face. The way his lips move when he forms words. The way his eyes look so serious.

"Wade?" I whisper.

Wade looks down at me and smiles softly. He wraps his arms underneath my armpits and lifts me into a sitting position. I rub my eyes and look around. We are still in the gazebo. I look over to see the three people we saw earlier. The lady smiles, but there are tears in her eyes and her hands shake. I feel calm around her and feel the urge to comfort her.

I slide out of Wade's lap and crawl across the floor and sit cross-legged in front of the lady. The lady reaches out and puts her hand on my cheek. Then runs her other hand through my hair and over my ears. I twitch and flatten them on my head before perking straight up again.

I yawn, still feeling sleepy. The lady tugs me to her chest. I rest my head on her shoulder. I am facing the older man. He looks down at me with a sad expression as well.

"Excuse me, Sir?" I ask and tug on his shirt sleeve. His mouth opens and closes as he looks at me shocked. "Who are you?" I ask softly.

The man bites his lip and turns his head away from me. I see his eyes begin to gloss over with tears. I reach my hand up towards his face just as he turns his head towards me, in seeing my movement.

I quickly pull my hand back and whimper. The man looks sad. Then I realize that Wade had told me that these people could be my family. I get up and out of the lady's lap and crawl in front of the man. My ears lay flat on the top of my head, my tail between my legs. I lean towards the man's face until our noses almost touch. I look into his eyes. They are green like mine. He has the same curly hair as I have.

I reach out and pull one of his curls and it bounces back up just like mine! I giggle and fall back onto my butt. I pull his head down and touch his hair. The man smiles and scoops me up into his arms. He holds me close. My cheek pressed against his and I feel his tears as he cries quietly. I hug him back, making loud purring noises that only us omegas seem to be able to do.

The man pulls me back and takes my face into his hands.

"Church," The man says.

"That's my name!" I exclaim. The man smiles. He kisses my cheek and chuckles softly.

"I'm your father. I'm," his voice trails off. I smile at him. He beams and pulls me into another hug. I slowly pull away from him. I turn to my right and see the younger man. He older man has a red beard, but this man doesn't. He looks at me cautiously. I crawl over to him and look into his eyes. He must be my brother! I smile at him.

"What's your name?" I ask softly. The man takes a deep breath. He looks almost relieved that I was talking to him.

"Valerian," he replies. "But I prefer to be called Val."

"Val," I repeat softly. I reach out and pull him close to me.

"I've always wanted another big brother!" Val hugs me back. I pull away and smile at Wade.
"I have a family!" I exclaim.

Wade smiles and leans back against the side of the gazebo.

"I have permission from our Alpha and your Alpha to stay for a couple of days instead of leaving tomorrow. So you can get to know each other. Is that alright with you Church?"

I nod excitedly and leap into Wade's arms.

"Thank you," I whisper softly as I nestle into his shoulder.