9

The guard took me willingly as I got pulled to the same room I've seen Dr. Crane each time. I walk into the room to see nobody there. "Wait but,.." I say trying to get the guard attention but, they where already out the door. I am left in the room alone with a folder on the table. I honestly would like to say I didn't look at the folder but,...that would be a lie. I take the folder and see that it is about me. Let me tell you one thing there was a lot of shit in there. Almost every single person I had killed was in that folder.

It had the crime seen of my dead father. They even had a photo of him,My mother,and me. And a other photo of him dead. Dried blood on his mouth. I shielded my eyes away from the photo.

Just then the door opened startling me making me jolt up a little. "Jesus Christ you almost gave me a goddamn heart attack" I say clutching my chest. He says nothing when walking in just snatching the folder out of my hand. "Yeesh okay. I wasn't the that was late this time" I say. "No,you weren't. I was attending to" he pauses licking his lips."business" he says finally. "What kind of business?" I ask. "You won't be interested" he says. He obviously sees my disbelief. "Work. I guess you could call it" he says. I decide to let it go even though I knew that it probably wasn't just some normal work business.

"So I guess you heard what happened" I ask. "About the dead guard yes, I heard" he says. "People think that I'm the one who murdered him" I say. He hums. "Do you think I did?" I ask. "No" he says simply. "Why not? You have every reason to think I was the one who did it" I say. "Believe me I know you didn't. Plus you where locked in a solitude room" he says. "How do you know I didn't do it" I ask. "I just do" he says. Mysterious much. "Okay. So what are you going patronize me on today" I ask putting my feet on the table slightly moved outward so I can see his face. He seems annoyed by it so I lean back in my chair only on the back two legs.

"I do not patronize you" he says. "Mmmhhhm" I hum. "Since I didn't get it out of you yesterday I will today. Who was the first person you killed Elizabeth Wasmor." "I am not going to tell you"I whisper. "Well that's to bad" he says. "You're giving up. Just like that?" I ask surprised. "You're not going to tell me. What is the point of pursuing something I'm not going to get" he says.

"Instead I'll tell you my story" he says. I'm taken back by what he says. "Uhh what?" "I'm going to tell you all about my tragic life story" he says. "Okay then I'm all ears" I say flicking them. I cross my arms around my chest waiting for him to talk. "When I was a child" he begins "my father he likes to do experiments of sorts I guess you could call them. He liked to test me and push me. I hated him I resented him. He eventually died. I was taken to my grandmothers who wasn't that much better. If not worse. She took the responsibility of taking care of me she choose to feed me,clothe me,teach me, and she deemed it necessary to punish me. It hurt at the beginning but,I got used to it. Eventually. I also got bullied as a child by one person in particular. He scared me as a kid. Until I realized that I shouldn't be scared of him. He should be scared of me. I have scars from where she and him beat me."he says finishing.

"Wow. I'm sorry that happened" I say. "Don't be. It made me who I am" he says. "Oh really who are you Mr. Crane?" I tease. He touches his nose like I did yesterday. "Fine" I say. I remove my feet from the desk and almost fall back in the chair from leaning against it. He chuckles as I glare.

"You told me a story. I'll tell you one" I say. "The first person I killed" I say dramatically. "I was seventeen years old. Still a teenager. By that time I started doing small things robbing banks or just gas stations. But one particular one was special. It was about midnight and I went to a small gas station on the corner of some small town. I walked in and held him at knife point. I have never had to use the knife on anybody because most people complied. He unfortunately did not. I asked him to give me the money. Once. Then twice. Then a third time. He tried to grab me I freaked out and ended up slicing his neck so deep that it almost seemed as if I beheaded him. I got the money myself and dipped. Later on the news I was on tv well Paranoia was. I later found out this man was a veteran had a wife and two kids. His wife was dying of bone cancer and they didn't have enough money to pay for the right treatment so he was working at the gas station for extra money. I made those two little kids not have a dad possibly even a mom. From that day I vowed that I would only kill the ones who deserved to be killed. I would give them one chance and if they failed at that would chance they would die a horrible death. Oh and this"I say pulling the knife he had given back to me out of my boot "was the blade I killed the man with. I small little thing but,it can do a lot of damage it just depends on the owner of it" I say putting it back in my boot"

He nods staring at me sternly. "You said you killed the the ones that deserves to be killed. What do you mean by this?" He asks. "I mean I kill. Rapists ,child rapists,people who kill the innocent those kinds of people" I say. "Interesting" he mumbles. "Not really" I say. "So you got me to talk good job Crane" I say. "You can call me by my first name" he says pushing his glasses up. "I did that once you seemed very annoyed" I shrug. "That's because you were saying it in a teasing matter" he responds with.

"So tell me was your story true or did you just make something up to make me talk" I ask. "The whole story was true I am afraid" he says looking down glumley. And in that moment as weird as it might be I wanted to wrap my arms around him and comfort him tell him that everything was going to be okay. I refrain from not doing so.

"With your story in surprised you're not insane your self" I say jokingly. He says nothing and just looks at me for a long time. His tongue darts out of his lips as he looks away. It was time for me to go back to my cell.

I sit in the dank cell with nothing to do. I lean on the wall and close my eyes for moment and before I knew it I was asleep.