15

"Your mother" he says. "Excuse me but, did you say my Mother is here" I ask. "Yes. We usually don't take visitors one these days but, I made an exception for this one" he says to me. "I think you just signed me to my death bed" I joke but, not really.

"So how will this go will it just be us?" I ask. "Of course not. We're not stupid. I will be there so will another guard" he says tells me. "Why do you have to be there can't you just you know go experiment on some mice or something" I ask not really wanting my therapist/schoolgirl crush to be in the same room as mother.

"I originally wasn't going to be in there until I realized that this could be a wonderful opportunity to get to know you better might it be to listening to you and your mothers conversation" he says. "Yeah okay. Creep" I say to him. He narrows his eyes at me.

We walk in a comfortable silence until we reach a door I've never seen before. "Here we are" he says. "Oh god. I haven't seen my mother in months" I say. "But you only got here a few weeks ago" he says. "Yeah exactly" I say. "She's going to be irritated" he says to me. "You think" I say sarcastically. "Well prepare your self Paranoia" he says to me. "As do you Scarecrow" I say. He looks at me strangely. "Do you really think my mother won't ask who the hell you are?" I ask. He shrugs.

I push the door open once it crack in the slightest I see my mother in her ideal attire. She was sitting down before I came in. Once I stepped in Jonathan gave me a mocking smile walking to the corner of the room in which I returned with a playful glare.

I walk towards my mother who is standing at the side of a table. We stare at each other for a while. "So-" I can't even finish my sentence before my mother slaps me. I look to see Jonathan go to move before stopping himself.

"Okay yeah I admit I probably deserved that" I say holding my cheek slightly. "Damn right you do" she says. I look down sheepishly. I look up and my mother lunges at me in hug. She wraps her arms around me tightly. I return the hug. We embrace for a while before I'm the one to pull away.

"We have a lot to talk about" she says. "Yes we do" I say. We sit down and look at each other. "So when did it start" she asks me. "When did what start?" I ask her. "This secret criminal life" she says. "Oh. Yeah that. Around when I was fifteen" I say. She stares at me her mouth gaped open wide. "Fifteen¡" she yells at me. "That's what I said" I tell her.

"Oh my god. How could I not be so stupid for not noticing. Doctors also told me that you have a border line personality disorder how I could I not see that? I lived with you for years and never noticed anything. I thought you were just being moody or some shit" she says shaking her head.

"It's not your fault it mine. I made these decisions. It my fault that I'm in here" I say to her softly grabbing her hand. "When did you start to feel like you were becoming something else? " she asks. "When dad died" I say quietly. "Right. That night you kept beating that man. I should have known it from there. I should have helped you but, no I just grieved and ignored you. " she says.

"Hey. You deserved to grieve, your husband died" I say to her. She nods her head. We both wanted to change the subject.

"Hey. Even when you weren't in here why did you never call me?" She asks. "I was" I paused looking for the word "busy" I finish.

"With what?" She asks. "You know exactly what I was busy with" I say to her. "I know. I want to here you say it" she says. "Fine. I was busy with getting what I want. And doing what I want" she says. "Have you ever killed someone" she asks. "Yes." I tell her. She sighs then groans banging her hand on the table suddenly. Making every one I the room flinch. "I should have fucking known!" She yells.

"Who was the first person" she ask me. I stayed silent. "When was the first person" she says lowly. "You know that murder about ten years ago. The one that wasn't solved. About Felix Thompson." I say to her. "Him? He had kids. A wife. You took him from them." She says. "I know. I know. And I feel absolutely fucking terrible believe me. I think about it every single fucking day. About how I was just like the person you killed dad. You don't thinkIve realized this?" I say to her feeling tears well up slightly at my eyes but, do not fall.