20

I look beside me and see...Jonathan?

I look at him with wide eyes he doesn't see me looking at him so I just stare for a bit longer. His hair is a mess. He glasses are not non his face. He looks very tired for one and bored.

He scans his cell his eyes passing me. He then looks back at me very quickly. "Elizabeth?" He asks. I nod my head.

"Out of all of the places I could go I just so happen to be next to your cell" he says. "Yup guess you're just lucky"

"Hey quite in there" a guard pounds at the door it's the same guard who wanted to be in my pants so he winked at me. Jonathan glared at him as he walked away. "I should've killed him when I had the chance" he mumbles.

"You already killed one guard and an inmate." I mention. He shrugs. "I'm already in here. How much worse could it get?" He says sighing.

"How did you get in here anyway?" I question. "I'll tell you tomorrow when I actually have the will power to keep my eyes open" he says laying down onto his cot. I nod understanding. The lights turned off so we were consumed into darkness. I hear him tell me a quiet good night almost meaning as well if he didn't mean to say anything. I hum in response as I close my eyes falling into a deep sleep.

I'm awake as the fairs band on the doors. I look over to the left of my cell to see Jonathan there. So it wasn't a dream?

I groan getting up. My feet on the cold ground. I see Jonathan lazily get off the bed and to the cell door and look out to all the other inmates. The same thing I did when I first came here.

We both walk out of the cell. He tries to stay by my side as we walk to the cafeteria but, ends up getting pushed behind me by a guard. People stepped away from him leaving a good two feet circle around us.

We get into the cafeteria everyone stares at Jonathan then to me and then back too him. I walk to Thomas and sit down beside him Jonathan trailing behind smirking from the fear and peoples faces.

"Hey whats-" Thomas stops mid sentence seeing Jonathan sit down beside me. The whole cafeteria is silent except for loud laughter coming from Joker at the other table.

"Oh right. Uh Jonathan,Thomas. Thomas, Jonathan" I say trying to relieve the awkwardness quickly filling the air. Thomas goes to shake his hand but, Jonathan only looks down at it and scoffs. I elbow him below the ribs. He looks at me annoyed but, gives in and shakes Thomas's hand.

Thomas looks kinda terrified right now not saying anything. The awkwardness filling the room again. "Okay can we skip this whole silence thing? What were you going to say when I walked in here?" I ask Thomas.

"Oh, right. I was going to ask what's up because when you walked in here you seemed little on edge. But now I see why. It's because your therapist in locked up in a insane asylum." He says. Jonathan narrows his eyes at Thomas making him gulp. "Not that there's anything wrong with that just you know it must be weird and all and-" I cut him off.

"Thomas?" I say. "Yeah" he says fiddling with his hands. "Shut up" I say. "That's probably a good idea" he says quietly.

"How did he even get in here" Thomas whispers in my ear. "I don't know good question" I say. "Hey Jonathan how'd you get in here" I ask. "I thought it was obvious I was the one who killed the inmate and the guard you said it yourself " he says. "Just checking" I say. I look to see Thomas whose eyes are widened.

"Wait so that means you're the- oh my god" he says shaking his head. "Yes he's the Scarecrow. Now can we skip over that?" I ask. "You knew!" Thomas exclaims loudly making the room for silent again. He says a small 'sorry'.

"Yes I knew. He was my therapist for God sake." I say. Jonathan this while time has not said anything and just look at our interaction. "Yeah but, you didn't tell me" Thomas says. "Why would I" I say. "I'm offended on the highest levels" he says.

"You know I'd gladly appreciate it you two stopped arguing" Jonathan suddenly says. Thomas like looks at him realizing that he in fact was still there. "Fine" I say to him.

Jonathan looks at Thomas's tray of food and makes an odd face. He picks up Thomas spoon. (Thomas made no move to stop him). And grabs a spoon full and turns it up side down the food not falling from the spoon.

"This is the food they serve here?" He questions me. "I don't know if you would call it food but, yeah" I say grabbing the spoon from his hand and putting it back on Thomas's plate.

"I'm sorry" Jonathan says. I look at him weird. "I'm sorry that you had to eat this food" he says. "I don't really eat much but, thanks I guess" I say. Thomas looks between us and then winks at me. I shake my head sighing. Jonathan also say this making him look down.

I few minutes later the anxiousness passes. Thomas was actually talking at his full volume but, noticeably was making few jokes. I look over at Jonathan to see what he was staring at. I followed his eyes to see that he was glaring at Edward. Who was looking back at Jonathan with a blank stare.

I saw Jonathan's eye twitch. Which makes me wonder what the hell is going on here? I touch Jonathan's shoulder which makes him turn to me. "You good?" I question him "Yes of course why wouldn't I be?" He says. "Oh I'd don't know maybe because your shooting daggers at Edward Nygma" I shrug. He looks at me and sarcastically smiles.

We have to part ways when breakfast ended. "Wait why do you get to go to therapy first. Don't you usually have to wait a while until you get your schedule" I ask. "I guess someones really eager to see me" he says. "Not fair. You don't have to go to group sharing" I say. He smirks and walks away from me.

"Okay what the hell" Thomas says beside me. "What?" I say knowing exactly what he meant. "Your therapist is a criminal for one. And you're acting all buddy buddy with him so I ask again what the hell?" He says. "I don't know. We have to go fold clothes. Come on" I say to him. He looks at me giving skeptical eyes but, follows.