Chapter 5

"What are you doing here?"

Pressing her lips into a thin line, Jiwon eyed the man in front of her with scrutiny. Unlike her, his day seemed to be rolling like it normally did. She could only wonder if it were only her finding a problem with their current predicament, when she could remember clearly his reaction last night at the dinner.

Damn. Jiwon almost laughed at the thought. It hadn't even been twenty-four hours since she had last dealt with him.

"Apparently, I'm supposed to be surprising my beloved fiancé with my presence," she replied, sarcasm dripping on her words, and scoffed. "What else do you think?"

"That you might ask for a date or something."

She gritted her teeth. "Can't you take this situation—"

"Seriously, Kim Jiwon," he interjected. "How clueless could you get?"

Her brows shot up almost too instinctively. "Excuse me? This was your plan in the first place."

"You still could've known your dinner meeting was to be held at the same place. Maybe you could've connected the dots a little too earlier. Unless your common sense is non-existent, I suppose."

And there went all the air of rationality and patience left in her system, deflated to the last molecule by his blatant remark.

"It's your fault you didn't know who the hell you were meeting with, and your fault for simply masking it as a date," she retaliated.

"Even if I knew, I wouldn't know it's you. I only knew of your existence at that exact moment."

Jiwon incredulously rolled her eyes at him. She had to admit, she wasn't really of interest to the public, and rarely did she ever appear on anything of importance. Except on family pictures that appeared on certain magazines, which were also rare due to the fact that the Kims were always private when it came to family matters.

"I do not have all the time in the world to argue with you, Min Yoongi."

He did not reply, but there was this faint grin that Jiwon caught playing on his lips.

How frustrating, really. She couldn't read him nor his expressions, which only brewed her irritation further. And much akin to tea, the longer it brewed, the more bitter it went.

Jiwon's desire to eliminate Yoongi was cut off by a knock. Then, the door flew ajar, followed by a lady deliberately entering, much like a shy child entering a classroom on their first day.

"Mr. Min, your next appointment is in fifteen minutes," she meekly informed, clutching her clipboard close to her chest.

"Cancel all my meetings for today."

"Sir?" Her eyes rounded.

"I have something important I need to take care of."

"But sir..." she trailed off.

"Do you want to attend them for me instead?"

The assistant gave out a defeated laugh and glanced at Jiwon, then at Yoongi. "Yes, Mr. Min. I'll cancel them."

Yoongi stood up from his chair and grabbed his coat from the rack. "I'll be out for a while. Just leave the documents I need to see on my table."

The secretary bowed politely before excusing herself. Jiwon observed her as she scurried out of Yoongi's office.

"Are you just going to stand there the whole day?" He raised a brow at her.

"Is she always that tense?" Jiwon ignored the question, and the corner of Yoongi's lips twitched up the slightest.