Part 31

(Y/n's POV)

I'm worried. Shawn and my dad are talking for a long time now and what if it's bad? I never took my boyfriend with me for a family dinner, oh wait, Shawn's my first boyfriend. I'm happy that they like him, everyone is talking good about him so that is one concern less. But now my dad. I was busy helping my mom and grandma with the last things for dinner. We're going to eat some barbecue. I was about to get some sauces for the barbecue until my mom stopped me.

'Where's Shawn?'

'He is with dad. Talking.'

'Well go to him and say to your dad that he needs to help his brother with the barbecue.'

I nodded and walked to the living room. I saw that they were sitting on our couch with something on their lap. But here's the main question, they were laughing. I walked in and my dad looked up at me.

'Dad, can I please have my boyfriend back? Oh and mom said that you need to help your bother because he's trying to barbecue.'

A little smile appeared on his face when I asked him to give Shawn back, but disappeared when I told him about his brother.

'Oh God! Mike is going to mess it up, I can feel it.'

He rushed out of the room and Shawn and I were laughing our butts off. I walked to him and a killer smile came on his face. He opened his arms and grabbed me into them.

'Here's your boyfriend.'

He chuckled in my ear and my heart skipped a beat over.

'You were a cute baby, you know. And the stories when you were a kid. Oh my god.'

I looked at the book beside him and saw that it was a photo album with pictures of me.

'What, you saw them?'

He nodded and softly pecked my cheek.

'But.'

This concerned look appeared on his face and he started to speak softer.

'Didn't you want me to see them?'

'No, i want you to see them but normally mothers show them to her daughters boyfriend.'

'Oh my god, y/n.'

He tightened his grip on me and pecked my lips. He stared for a couple of seconds in my eyes and then started kissing me again. My hands found their way to his hair and pulled on some strands that led to some groans. We pulled away for air.

'I like your dad. He really loves you.'

And I really love my dad.

'He told me about the fight with your mom when you were 5.'

Oh no, why that story. Not that.

'You didn't speak with your mom for a whole week just because you saw her kissing your dad?'

'I am so sorry that I fell in love with my dad when I was younger.'

I stood up but failed because Mendes here pulled me back. Rafael stormed into the room and jumped into Shawn's arms.

'We are going to eat.'

Shawn smiled at Rafael and quickly pecked my lips,

'grossss,'

he jumped out of his arms and ran to his mom shouting,

'mommm, Shawn gave y/n a kiss on her lips, moooommmm.'

We stood up and walked to my garden. A nice, bug garden with a pool and a lot of flowers.

'Hey Shawn.'

Everyone greeted him again and we took a seat at the table. His hand took mine under the table and gave it a little squeeze,

'i love you', he mouthed.

'I love you too', i said.

And my favourite smile in this whole world appeared on his handsome, gorgeous face.