Chapter 5

"Y/N!" I heard my name being called from a distance. It was fuzzy, but it was there. "Y/N!"

I woke up with a start. I looked at my surroundings realizing I was in the room I first woke up in.

"How did I get here?" I asked myself.

I heard a knock on the door then a person came in. It was Red, I'm starting to remember him as Kieth.

"You awake?" He asked staring at me while I stared at him.

"No, I'm sleeping with my eyes open," I said.

"Some people do that," Keith said. I rolled my eyes. "You and Allura fell asleep in the theater. Shiro and I brought you to your beds." So that would explain why I was in this bed. "Does your leg feel any better?"

"I didn't even put the ointment on yesterday," I answered. "And it isn't going to work that fast."

"Never hurts to ask," Keith said.

"Touché."

Keith walked up to me and helped me stand out of the bed. He handed me the crutches and I used those to help me walk. He led me to the common room where no one except Black was.

"Yo," Kieth greeted.

"Good morning," Black answered. He was reading a newspaper and drinking coffee in a robe and slippers. He looked like a dad.

"Where are the others?" Keith asked.

"Sleeping. Well, Hunk's in the kitchen. And Allura's in her office, she needs you, by the way," Black answered.

"What does she need this time?" Keith asked.

"I don't know," Shiro answered.

Keith walked down a hallway leaving me with Black. Alone. In awkward silence. After five minutes, Black finally spoke up.

"Sorry about shooting you..." he said awkwardly, like this was the first time he had ever said sorry to anyone.

"It's fine," I said trying to get the awkwardness out of the air. It didn't work.

After a few more minutes, Green came out of her room and emerged from the hallway. She walked into the room.

"Woah, I can feel the awkwardness radiating off of the two of you in my room," Green said.

At that moment, Keith emerged from a different hallway. I sighed a sigh of relief.

"Katie, Allura needs to speak with you," Keith said calmly.

"About what?" Green asked.

"I don't know, she just told me to tell you that," Keith answered.

Green left the room and went into the same hallway Keith just came from.

"So what happened here and why does it feel awkward?" Keith asked. He obviously can't read atmospheres.

"Nothing," I answered. My words were true, nothing happened. I just felt awkward being with the man that wanted to kill me within the first five minutes of meeting. Then again, I'm just weird. That's okay.

"Hey guys, breakfast is ready!" Yellow called from the kitchen.

Black helped me up and off the arm chair I was sitting in while Keith held my crutches for me. The two males walked into the dining room while I hobbled behind them. Yellow was setting the table when we walked in. I sat down at the table next to Keith, Black was at the head almost like a father would be. A few minutes later, Green, Orange, and Allura stepped into the kitchen. Green took a seat in front of me, Orange diagonal next to Green, and Allura at the opposite head from Black. Once Yellow had set the table, he sat down next to me. Yellow gave me a friendly vibe, I didn't feel as awkward beside him as I did with Black. Blue wasn't there, but they acted as if it was normal so I didn't say anything. When Yellow sat down, everyone started eating and talking. I just silently ate because I wasn't keeping track of what they were talking about.

"So, Y/N, do you have any hobbies?" Green asked me.

"I mean, I write for work, sometimes for fun. I also read a lot," I answered.

"You must have gotten great grades in school," Yellow hypothesized.

"I'll let you guess," I answered. They could probably look it up anyways and I'd rather not talk about my days in the prison known as school.

"So..." Keith tried to change the subject. "Dodo seems like a great dog," he looked over at Dodo who was banging his head against the wall. Honestly, mood.

"You didn't care about him before. In fact, it seemed like you disliked him," I observed.

"Keith is actually a really big softy for dogs. Shiro is too," Orange said. It was the first time I heard him speak. "They try to act like they don't care, but on the inside, they're dying of the cuteness."

I looked over at Keith and Black, who I'm now recognizing as Shiro. They were turning bright red. I giggled.

"Damn! You were just called out!" Green exclaimed. I like Green. What's her name? Katie, right?

"Good morning, everybody," In the doorway, Blue was in blue lion pajamas with blue lion slippers. What's up with this blue lion?

"Oh, look who finally decided to join us. Good morning, Lance," Shiro joked.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Blue said.

Breakfast went on with everyone joking about each other, and me being asked basic questions about myself. Though, I'm pretty sure they already knew. I didn't think they could joke like this. I honestly thought they were going to be the serious type of people; barely talking, no laughing, just silence and the occasional business talk. It was the complete opposite and I'm glad because it wasn't awkward. When breakfast was done, Yellow and Orange started cleaning up. Keith brought me to a different room that looked like a clinic. He rummaged through some cabinets and pulled some bandages out.

"Can I change the bandages on your leg?" Keith asked me holding up the bandages.

"Do I have a choice?" I asked.

"Good to know you're finally starting to learn how things work around here," Keith stated. I scoffed.

After a minute or so of Keith carefully unwrapping the old bandage, I finally asked him a question I've been wondering since I got here.

"Why did you kill him?" I asked Keith.

"Kill who?" Keith asked looking up at me.

"The man, on the night you kidnapped me," I asked.

"He was a bad person. He didn't owe us anything, we don't kill people for that, he was just part of an extremely bad mafia," Keith answered putting the ointment Dr. Holt gave me on the wound.

"But you're part of a mafia too. Why aren't you guys killing each other? That man probably had a family!" I tried to reason.

Keith stopped what he was doing and looked at me. "Have you ever heard of the mafia 'The Galra'?"

"Of course I have. You'd have to be crazy to not have heard about that mafia," I answered.

"That man was apart of 'The Galra.' Our mafia works to get rid of The Galra. They're worse than we are," Keith said. "They kill people for a reason as stupid as looking at one of them. If it weren't for The Galra, we wouldn't kill a single soul. We would just be a business that owns a bunch of bakeries all over the world."

"And who said you had to take that into your own hands?" I asked. "Who said you needed to be the ones to stop The Galra?"

"We have our reasons," Keith said finishing with bandaging my leg. "I'll let the others tell you their reason. Mine is because I need to find my mother. I need to ask her so many questions."

I was quiet. I didn't know what to say. I didn't expect him to tell me all of this. I expected him to tell me, "Because we can," and drop the subject. He was so deep and honest with me that I had no words to say back to him. He left me in the room to let me think. I sat there processing the knew information I was given.