Chapter 6

I was hobbling down the hallway trying to find Allura. I wanted to ask her why she was doing what she was doing. Why was she in this mafia? What happened in her life to make this a thing that happened? I wanted to know everything but I didn't want her to think I was nosey.

I stumbled to Allura's office. She was the only one with an office, unless the others have one inside their room. Allura was filing papers and Orange was dusting some books on a bookshelf on the left side of the room. Allura heard me coming in, it was kind of hard no to, I swear anyone could hear me coming from two miles away.

"Hey, Y/N, can I help you?" Allura asked me.

"Uhm, actually, I was wondering, this might be awkward to ask considering we don't know each other that well. Also, I'm just going to straight up ask you this and I don't think it's right but I'm very curious," I started. Allura stopped what she was doing and looked at me.

"You can ask me anything," Allura said.

"Anything? Anything at all? Even personal questions that might trigger you?" Allura nodded. "What was your past like? You know? You're childhood?"

"Well, I would have to give you a short history lesson about The Galra and Voltron. Do you have time?" Allura asked. I nodded and she gestured for me to sit down on the chair in front of her desk while she sat down on the chair beside her desk.

"Oh, I haven't heard this story in a while," Orange said.

"Coran, you lived it," Allura sighed. "Anyways. Voltron Corp used to be a regular business, so did The Galra, originally Galra Tech. Can you guess what they did? My parents started the business and became close friends with Zarkon, who ran, and still runs The Galra. My parents found out that Zarkon had tried to sabotage our business because this was the number one ranking business and Zarkon got jealous. So, my parents turned Voltron Corp into a mafia after many years. And of course, Zarkon followed. And here we are.

"Anyways, my childhood. When I was born, Voltron was just a regular company. My parents were loving and kind. By the time I turned five, my mother was pregnant with another child. But around this time was the same time Zarkon was betraying the family. My parents didn't want to, but they decided they wanted my little sister to have the best life. They let a couple who couldn't have children, I considered them my Aunt and Uncle, adopt my sister. My parents would go check on her, but I was never allowed to go. They always told me they wanted to wait until I was older. But I would always beg to go. But when I turned nineteen Zarkon killed my parents and put me and Coran in a coma for ten weeks. When I awoke, I met Shiro, Pidge, Keith, Hunk and Lance. They were volunteering at the hospital we were in at the time. While I was recovering, we talked a lot, and became close friends."

"Were you ever able to find your sister?" I asked.

Allura gave me a caring smile. "I have. I've been so scared to talk to her thinking she would hate me."

"I don't think she would hate you. I mean, it wasn't your fault your parents let her get adopted. I mean, from what you've told me, you said you'd always want to meet her," I said.

"Maybe... I do talk to her adoptive parents from time to time. We've grown distant, but we'll still reach out to each other sometimes. They tell me she's doing fine," Allura said. "They say she's turned into a great woman and loves helping people."

In the distance, I heard my name being called. It was a lot like my dream but also not. "Y/N!"

"I think Shiro's calling you," Allura smiled at me. "You should probably go before he gets mad. You don't want to see a mad Shiro."

"Okay, I'm going," I said. Orange, Coran, helped me off the chair and gave me my crutches. "Thank you."

"Any time," he said as I left the room to find Shiro.