Chapter 23

Months Later
3rd POV

"Prosecution calls to the stand Y/N L/N to testify," The prosecutor, Acxa, called the girl to the front of the court room.

Y/N was taken from the holding center for witnesses and sat at the witness stand.

1st POV

"Hello, Miss L/N. I hope your day is going well," Axca asked me. I looked around at the people in the court and noticed Mason smirking evilly at me. I slowly nodded. "Good. I would like to ask you questions about your time with Voltron. Is that's alright?" Again, I nodded. "You were kidnapped by the mafia, correct?"

Very reluctantly, I said, "Yes."

"And during this time, you were shot many times, correct?"

"Yes."

"We're you given treatment for these shot wounds?"

"Yes."

"So they didn't leave your wounds to get infected?"

"No."

"And we're you okay with living with this mafia?"

"They're good people. Of course I was."

The people in the audience gasped. Axca was shocked. I looked around and Mason's smirk got wider. I feel less confident in my answers now. Axca asked me more questions about how I got along with the Voltron, and how they treated me. By the end of the direct examination, everyone thought I was brainwashed.

"I have no further questions," Axca said.

"Defense, would you like to cross?" The judge asked.

"Yes, your honor, we would," Rolo asked me. I smiled at Rolo, knowing he was going to get Voltron out of this. "Hello, Y/N."

"Good afternoon."

"I understand that you are related to one of the members, yes?"

"Yes."

"And you found this out when you talked to your sister?"

"Yes."

"She told you the reason for the formation of this mafia?"

"Yes."

"And that was because of the Galra mafia?"

"Yes."

"To take them down, correct?"

"Correct."

"So this mafia isn't a real mafia?"

"No, they're not."

Rolo kept asking me questions to defend Voltron and I answered truthfully to the best of my knowledge until he had no further questions. I was released from the stand and brought back to the waiting room.

After a few hours, the court was released on recess so we could get lunch. I met up with Allura who was keeping her head low. She wasn't on the witness list, so she was able to sit inside the court room.

30 Minutes Later

Allura and I made our way back to the courthouse. Allura went to the court room. As I was making my way back to the waiting room, I took a detour to the restroom.

I didn't have to go, I just needed to cool down. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw the trash staring back at me. I looked like I had a rough day at work. Which isn't too far from the truth.

"They'll make it out of this," I said to myself. "They'll come home."

After my small pep talk, I left the restroom. Walking down the hallway, I was eventually pushed into a wall.