Chapter 8

One week after the escape

"Mason, I need to go to work!" I tried reasoning with him.

"No! It's too dangerous right now! Until Voltron is caught and brought in, you are not allowed to go to work! I don't even want you stepping foot outside this house but I know I can't stop you with that! You going to work is the only thing I can control. If I tell you you're not going to work, then you're not going to work," Mason scolded me.

"But who's getting your coffees and breakfast," I asked.

"I'm handling that for now. Don't worry about it," Mason told me.

"Asking me not to worry is like asking me not to breathe," I pouted at Mason.

"Just... be safe, okay?" Mason pat my head. I nodded and Mason left his house.

———

"He doesn't have any food in his house," I said to Dodo while looking in Mason's empty fridge. Dodo's head tilted to the side a little in a cute way. "You must be starving," I turned my head to Dodo. Dodo started jumping in the air. "I guess I'll go to the store."

A feeling in my gut told me not to go, but I pushed that feeling aside and went anyways.

I opened the door, made sure the spare key was under the mat like Mason told me it was, the most obvious place but that's okay, then locked the door and closed it behind me. I walked down the steps of Mason's home and walked my way to the nearest convenience store.

While walking, I could've sworn I felt like I was being followed, like someone was watching me. But every time I turned around, no one was there. I thought I was being paranoid so I shrugged it off.

As if a (American) football player was tackling someone with the ball, I was tackled into an alley right next to the convenience store. A hand covered my mouth and there was a person on top of me. Lance.

I struggled underneath his grip. I didn't want to go back, I couldn't. I didn't want to face the angry Keith and the pissed Shiro.

"Stop struggling, Y/N, it's just going to make it harder on you," I heard another familiar voice, Hunk.

I licked Lance's hand hoping it would work the same way it did with Keith. Thankfully, it did.

"Ew!" Lance cried, removing his hand from my mouth and wiping it on his shirt.

"I don't want to go back! Please don't make me!" I cried.

"That's not our choice, Y/N. We just follow orders from Shiro," Hunk said.

"Can you just tell him you never found me! I swear I won't tell anyone anything! I don't even remember where your base is!" By this point, I was a crying mess. I really didn't want to go back to that place.

"I'm sorry," Lance said, getting off of me but keeping his grip on me firm.

He pulled me up with him as he and Hunk both grabbed one of my arms so I wouldn't escape again. I cried and struggled and begged but none of it was working. They pulled me further down the alley. It wasn't until we were almost at the end did I see the white van pulling up. Hunk opened the door.

When the door opened, I was frozen where I stood. The man in red was holding a gun up to my head sitting in the car. The two nicer mobsters let go of my arms with an apologetic look.

"Get in the car slowly, (Y/N), then I'll possibly consider not shooting you. However, if you run, I will shoot you, and that's a promise," Keith told me still holding the gun to my head.

I made the stupid decision of running when I was told not to.

A/N: IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATINGGGGGGG!!!! I've been busy with school and a new doggggg