Chapter 24

Back at HQ

"I mean, I guess we don't really need this 'mafia' thing anymore," Allura said. "Our whole purpose was to take down Zarkon, and well, Lotor did that."

"So then what's going to happen now?" I asked. "I mean, I quit my job at the police station, I have nothing left to do."

"Well, we do still have the Lion Bakeries. We could just become business tycoons," Coran said. "You could join us."

"I don't want to intrude-"

"With everything that's happened, how can you say that you would be intruding?" Keith scolded me.

"Come on, Y/N, join the family business," Allura smiled at me.

"But-"

"No, buts, it's happening," Shiro told me.

As soon as that was said, the singing of the elevator was heard. We turned towards the elevator and we saw Nancy.

"Nancy?" I asked.

"Oh good! I got the right place! Hey Y/N! It's good to see you!" Nancy said.

I ran up to Nancy and hugged her, "Why are you here?!"

"Oh, well, as you know, Mason- well, Mason's just not working at the police station anymore..." I nodded telling her to continue, "And well, we're in need of a chief of police... Well, everyone at the department has noticed how well you handled this situation- I mean, not like it was bad- but not that it was good either..."

"Yes? Go on," I urged her to continue.

"I mean, we all know you quit months ago, but we wanted to ask if you would come back to be our chief of police and we wanted to ask Voltron to be a special operation team, and to team up with the police as special detectives and-"

While Nancy said all of this, we all looked at each other. We silently agreed with our decision.

"Nancy, we accept your offer," I told her, smiling.

"Oh you accept, that's- that's okay— Wait you said accept?!" Nancy was shocked. I nodded excitedly. "That's great news! We can't wait to have you back! We all missed you!

Weeks Later

"Y/N! We have insight on Lotor. He was seen at the prison, conversing with Mason," One of the police officers, Romelle told me.

"Okay, do we have any insight on where he went?" I asked her.

"No. It's like he just disappeared right after he left. Our only witness is bat shit crazy. He won't give us anything helpful," Romelle replied.

"He might not talk to you..." I sighed knowing what had to be done.

"Y/N, you can't possibly be thinking of talking to him," Keith said. "I know you're not thinking about talking to him."

"I'll be in a protected area. He won't be able to do anything to me. Besides, we need answers and I'm pretty sure you're the only one he'll talk to. Besides, I'll have our special operations team backing me up," I smiled at Keith.

"But-"

"It's happening, Keith," I told him.

Two Hours Later

We were crowded in a van on our way to the prison so I can talk to Mason. Shiro and Coran were in the front. Katie, Lance, and Allura were in the middle, and Hunk, Keith, and I were in the back. Katie was in between Lance and Allura who have become love birds so they were being sickeningly sweet with Katie in the middle.