Chapter 14

A/N: So like, there was a hairstyle I had to go with the outfit, but like, I'm too lazy and cold to go get my sketchbook and take a picture of it my bad

"Ladies, are you almost ready? It's been five hours!" Shiro's voice called outside of Allura's room.

"You can't rush Art!" Allura yelled to the door.

I hear Shiro groan from the other side then footsteps leading away from the room. Katie And Allura were both working on me. Allura was doing my makeup, and Katie was doing my hair. Ironic since Katie doesn't really do much to her hair.

"Allura, when are you going to be done?" I asked. It had been an hour since I was able to move.

"I'm almost done, what about you, Katie?" Allura answered.

"I'm almost done too, just one more Bobby pin," she stuck a Bobby pin in my hair. I felt it overlap with two other Bobby pins. "There!"

Allura our on a nude lip color and finished with my makeup. I was finally allowed to stand up. I stretched my aching bones. Allura pushes my dress towards me, silently telling me to put it on. I put on the dress with no questions and looked in the mirror. Allura's makeup looked minimal, but had a lot of makeup, and Katie put my hair in space buns.

"Okay, okay! Y/N! We have to make a grand reveal!" Allura said.

"But that's so much work," I complained, "can't we just walk out?"

"No!" Allura said, "stay here. I call you out."

Allura left me around the corner. And started talking to the boys.

"I now present to you, Y/N!" Allura said as though she were a medieval announcer.

"Allura you're too extra," I facepalm as I walk out from behind the corner, directed by Katie.

The boys turned around to look at the three of us. Shiro, Hunk, and Coran looked like they approved. Lance looked like he was in heaven. And Keith, Keith's eyes got wide as I alone stepped out.

"Okay, let's go," Shiro said.

Keith walked up to me and stuck his arm out for me to hold.

"Shall we, my lady?" Keith said with a bad British accent.

I giggled and responded with, "We Shall," in an equally as terrible accent.

~Time Skip~
~To the Party~

When we walked inside the ball room, where the 'business' party was being held, I suddenly felt insecure. As soon as we walked in, almost everyone's stares went to our group, then to me. I could tell a lot of the criminals knew I was an detective, and some of them were wondering who I was based on their faces. I automatically felt insecure.

"You'll be fine, you have Keith here. And if not Keith, at the very least you have the rest of us," Allura whispered to me.

I nodded, still feeling insecure. Everyone went back to what they were doing before we got inside. Keith whisked me off to a corner of the room where not a lot of people were. When I passed by someone, I could feel their stare.

"I hate parties," Keith said.

"I feel like everyone is staring at me," I told Keith. 'Well no shit, you're a detective in the middle of a party for crime lords... or in the corner...'

"They are," Keith responded.

'Well, gee, thanks, that hel—'

"But it's only because you're so beautiful," Keith winked, then turned around and whispered, "Oh my gods where did that come from?!"