Console.

"Riri, Riri, Riri, wake up babe,"

I was lifeless at the moment. No sorrow, no pain, no feelings, I was numb. All the crying from the party had drained me of everything I had inside me. 

Heartbreaks suck!

"Riri, please wake up babe. I can't see you like this," Neel pleaded and a drop of water fell on my eyelids.

Was Neel crying? I shot my eyes open and saw Neel wiping his tears with one hand. My heart aches seeing him like this. Neel hardly cries. Last time he cried was when Pogo had died. Pogo was his Labrador had died that was six years ago. He was crying because of me.

"You are awake," Neel kissed my forehead and I flashed him a genuine smile.

I cannot fake around him for fuck's sake. Even if I try my level best he could easily see through my facade. 

"Why are you crying babe? What happened?"

"You thought that I died? That's why you were crying?" I tried to change the topic and fortunately it worked but I don't know for how long?

"Yes, I was worried that maybe the condom which I gave you was old or of low quality and it broke and you are pregnant and that's why you came crying to me."

"Oh shit! You caught me," I went with the flow because that's what I am supposed to do.

  A woman is supposed to go with the flow, go through all the shit she gets from her husband and in-laws. A man can have a mistress, he can bet on her, he can joke about his friend sleeping with her, and what not. But a woman cannot do the same nor raise her voice against it.   

"I must say his sperm is really quick."

"Eww, that's gross. Shut up!" I scrunched my noose in fake horror.

We both burst into fits of laughter, but soon our laughter ceased.

"What happened, babe? I know something is wrong. I can feel it," Neel asked carefully. He knows how to handle me.

That was it. My dam just broke and could not control my tears. I sobbed hysterically and Neel enveloped me inside his safe arms. I clutch his shirt like my life was dependent on it. I cried for I don't know how long.