Ch 16: Black

Taehyung

Once we reached the outside court every guard bowed their head greeting me and also of course their high commander. I gave Y/N a cloak to wear to cover her up some more, they would be questioning why a handmaiden was with us and I didn't want rumors to spread around. Especially not since these rumors will be reaching my father without a blink. 

5 horses stood outside ready and waiting for their riders. 

Why did it seem like this was planned out? 

Even if Jimin and I wouldn't get into a fight, Minjae was planning to take us all on this so-called trip. 

''So everyone takes a horse'' Minjae announced. She talked as if she was our tour guide. Everyone took their own horse, when I wanted to walk up to Spirit I saw Y/N standing next to him. 

She was petting him while looking into his big orbs. As I slowly approached her I noticed Minjae doing so too.

''Not that one, it's Taehyungs horse'' she grinned and at that moment Y/N instantly removed her hand, stepping away from him.

''No, it's okay, You may ride Spirit. I will take another horse'' I smiled from the distance between us. She slightly bowed her head before getting on the horse.

''Guess you're lucky. Taehyung never even let me ride him.'' I heard Minjae smile at her before walking away. I slowly approached Spirit taking a grip on his reins. He slightly neighs when he saw me making me smile. 

''Hey, boy'' I smiled as if I was talking to my own child. I had Spirit when he was still young, he basically is like my own child seeing him grow up. 

''Do you know how to ride a horse?'' I asked Y/N slightly glancing up at her as I was petting the calm animal under my touch. She didn't look at me and instead fixed the hood of her cloak.

''You think I can kill, but can't ride a horse?'' she fired back at me making me arch my brows.

Is she in a bad mood?

''Did I do something?'' I lowered my voice. Minjae and the others were at a distance but I didn't want them to hear our conversation. 

''I apologize, your eminence did nothing wrong. She is testing me I just don't like that'' She replied to me and I knew she was talking about Minjae. 

Is Y/N stressed out because of this or just annoyed? Those two ladies were not easy to read......

''Taehyung what are you waiting for let's go'' Minjae spoke from afar. We finally all got on our horses. Minjae and Jimin in the front behind her Jungkook and Y/N and lastly me. Minjae was in the front since she planned all this, we had no idea where to go. I'd rather walk next to Y/N but Jungkook took my spot. 

Don't tell me he and Minjae planned something together.

------------------------------------------------------

Y/N

I don't like this feeling at all. The high commander was about to test me in some sort of way. I don't really know what she is planning, but I have a bad feeling. 

Now that she has confirmed that I am indeed an Infernal, I bet she has something up her sleeve. 

''Where did you come from?'' the voice beside me suddenly interrupted my thoughts. Jungkook smiled at me, giving off a friendly vibe. 

Is he trying to get along with me? Is that what humans call it? 

Syria always warned me about strangers trying to get to know you, but I guess Jungkook and I  aren't that much of strangers. I took in his appearance noticing his well build figure.

 I could handle Jimin easily but Jungkook looks stronger than him. He seems like a person who is confident in his combat skills. Actually, when Taehyung and I went through every important person that I should know, Jungkook was one of them. I recalled the lesson I had with Taehyung. 

Jungkook.......

He is 5 years older than Taehyung, an only child. His mother died when he was 13 and his father lives far away from here. Taehyung told me something personal that Jungkook his father made a big mistake in the past, leaving Jungkook alone here, but right now everything is fine between them and his father is making up for his mistake. They often contact each other through letters.

''I'm sorry. You don't have to ans-''

''Ozryn'' I replied him my eyes fixed on the road ahead of us.

 It seems I was taking too much time with my thoughts. Making him think that I don't want to talk to him, but actually, it's better for me to get to know everyone around Taehyung right? I should learn about their character, their past especially their weakness. 

''Oh... were you captivated in the prison of Ozryn?'' he asked me carefully.

 Up till now, Jungkook doesn't seem like a person that could be a danger, but who knows maybe he is just good at tricking people.

 I nodded my head still not looking at him. 

I should ask him things to right? 

To get to know him, but yet I was bad at this. I didn't feel like interacting with anyone except for Taehyung. It just feels weird to try to get to know Jungkook more. He doesn't interest me. If it was for the old me I would just keep my distance and once he seems like a danger kill him. But I feel like I can't do this. After all, Taehyung is the prince. He lives in a palace with many people, many eyes darted on every one of high status. If I make one hasty move my cover would be blown. 

''I'm sorr-'' 

''You don't mean that'' I stated not being in the mood for his so-called pity. I heard it in his voice that he wasn't sincere.

''One of my kind hurt you didn't they? I can hear in your voice that you aren't sincere about your apology.'' This time I did look at him. Confronting him with what I said. 

''They did. They killed my mother when I was younger, but I don't hate all of your kind.... this isn't a lie. After all, I saw that not every Infernal is bad. They protected small children, they protected my love'' He spoke softly. At the end of his sentence, his eyes gazed at Minjae her back. 

Perhaps I am wrong...

I felt an uneasy feeling as if someone was watching us. Was watching me. Someone other than who I am accompanied by. I slightly turned my head to the side quickly observing my surroundings.

"Something wrong?" Jungkook asked me. I could see Taehyung looking at me too. His face was pretty serious, his eyes dark and I sensed that he wasn't liking something. I narrowed my eyes noticing a suspicious figure among the people we walked past by. The person was hiding their face behind the hood of his cloak. Black was the first word that came into my head. Black cloak, black pants, black boots only a small hint of dark brown hair flashing by. And before I knew it the figure disappeared.

"No... Everything is fine" I lied to Jungkook focusing back on the road. 

One thing is sure this figure will appear on our path.

Q: Who would that be? Enemy or Ally?