Ch 56: Ready To Strike

Y/N

My hand clutched onto his throat, his feets rising from the floor while his hands violently flew around the air trying to reach me. Blood started streaming down his neck as I dugged my nails deep into his flesh. Noticing how the courtyard started to turn into a chaotic warzone as second passed I decided not to play any longer. I pulled my hand back with full force ripping his throat as  I watched his dead body fall onto the muddy ground. Teya her hand squeezed my clothing while blood stained my cheeks. 

''Y/N we need to get away'' she whispered softly making me nod my head. 

The soldiers are highly aware of who their enemy is at this point and we are one of them. It's not safe and certainly not smart to stay here any longer, but since I have attracted so much attention there isn't any option other than to fight. 

I turned around focusing my attention on Teya quickly. The soldiers that were planning to fight me were standing around hesitating as they watched every move I made. They were too scared to fight me, in fact, they didn't want to fight at all. None of them was willing to lay down their own life for Taehyung's father, but the reason that kept them standing was their pride. 

I do not wish to kill these people......they still are people who are important to Taehyung. Even I myself have never thought that there would come a point in my life that I would think like this. That I would value other's life even if I did not know that person, but that doesn't change the fact that if I have to kill. I will kill no matter what. 

''You should go. I will distract them and give you a chance to escape okay? When you do, head towards the ship as fast as you can to meet Jimin'' I explained to Teya. Luckily we had one of our own at the outside of the gate. Jimin was in charge of helping take over the ship. 

''I can't leave you here.....'' She muttered averting her eyes away from mine. 

''Teya...did you forget? You're Jimins infernal. I know that you're worried about him the most right now. So head to him and make sure he is fine. I can handle myself.'' And this was for sure a fact. She gave me one last look a hint of guilt flashing through her eyes. 

''Just go'' I spoke pushing her shoulder the right way. 

She nodded her head and started running attracting attention from the people around her. I noticed a guard running after her ready to strike her from the back. I bent over, looking at the dagger that was stuck into a corpse next to me. 

A low groan escaped my lips pulling it out from his flesh. Without a thought, I straightened my arm aiming it toward the man. Before his blade could reach Teya my dagger flew through the courtyard piercing right through the back of his head, seconds later another dead body fell to the ground.

''Where were we?'' I asked straightening my back as I looked back at the guards around me seeing their legs turn into jelly. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Minjae

''Jungkook wait up!'' I spoke loudly making him instantly stop in his tracks. 

''What are yo-''

''Stop avoiding me and stop acting so reckless. We need to stick to the plan'' I interrupted him. 

This is the first time that we are actually talking to each other after the trial. 

''Taehyung is out there how can I stay her-''

''Yoongi is by his side. Yoongi is a great fighter and will keep him safe for sure. He is an infernal remember'' I pointed out but saw Jungkook his expression turn salty.

''An Infernal we barely know''

''Maybe you don't.'' I noticed how he clenched his jaw when I said that hitting a nerve. 

''Yeah, I'm sure you know him all too well. I thought you came after me because you are worried about me. But it seems you're just scared of me messing up the whole plan.'' His voice sounded annoyed while he took big steps toward me. 

Is he for real?

''I am worried about you'' I stated making him laugh in disbelief. Right now the both of us were in one of the alleys with no soldiers around but still, this isn't a time to start a discussion. 

''Doesn't seem like i-''

''You know what! Stop acting so selfish can't you see the situation we are in right now? We need to make sure everyone leaves this place alive!'' I shouted. I didn't mean to raise my voice but the frustration that build up inside of me became too much.

''Minjae? Jungkook!'' I felt my heart sink the moment I heard that familiar voice. I noticed Jungkook his eyes lit up making me turn around as fast as I could. 

''Taehyung!'' I shouted out seeing him standing at the beginning of the alley with two unfamiliar men next to him. Jungkook and I ran up to him as fast as we could totally forgetting about our situation earlier.

''These are friends of Yoongi we will do introductions later we have to go!'' He spoke making us nod our heads. We all headed back to where we came from as fast as possible. My eyes widened seeing the courtyard turned into a battlefield. Yoongi his men were fighting against the guards and luckily we seemed to outnumber them. 

''Where are Y/N and Teya?'' I noticed how Taehyung his eyes instantly started scanning around the bloody mess. Without having time to reply I wielded my sword dodging an attack from the side and slicing a guard his throat. A gust of guilt came over me looking at his dead body. 

These are my men......and I'm killing them. 

''It's not safe to keep standing around we need to move'' One of the guys beside Taehyung spoke making us all agree. 

''Y/N!'' Within a moment Taehyung ran up to her without even a single thought. I noticed quite a lot of guards around her while Y/N was busy fighting, but it actually seemed like child's play to her. 

I was quick to follow along Taehyng scared of his reckless dashing, but soon I was held back. When I looked over my shoulder it was Jungkook. His eyes focused on the ramparts around us. My eyes followed along his and once I noticed what was going on...I could feel it. 

The panic that began to run through my veins.

''Archers.....'' I muttered under my breath. 

They are definitely outnumbered on the floor but looking at the ramparts it is filled with archers. Tons of them loading their bows ready to strike. 

We have to get away from here as soon as possible otherwise....we will all be dead.