Ch 30: A Tidal Wave

Teya

Before I know it my hands moved upwards pushing Jimins chest. He stumbled a bit backward while I held my breath stepping a bit away myself.

''W-What are you doing?!'' My voice wouldn't stop trembling while I nervously clasped my hands in front of my chest. 

''Ah...sorry'' he muttered rubbing the back of his nape a bit. 

Why was my heart beating so fast like this? 

The room fell silent for a couple of seconds before I found the courage to speak again.

''I'm heading back...'' I muttered. Jimin nodded his head smiling while waving me off as I left the room. Once I got back to the ballroom everything seemed normal and I carried out my task again. Shortly after I noticed Jimin entering the room again as well. 

------------------------------------------

Y/N

I have been searching around for quite a while now and no sign of the Duke and his Infernal anymore.

 Did they leave already?

 I felt relieved when I noticed Teya back in the room again. I quickly made my way to her making sure not to stand out too much.

''Are you okay?'' I questioned her after she noticed me. She smiled and nodded her head, picking up some empty glasses that were laying around.

''Yes, of course, why?'' she questioned. It seems she doesn't know that I saw what happened between her and Jimin.

''It seemed like something was a bit off between you and Jimin'' I started making her pause for a second. She turned to me and smiled shaking her head.

''We are fine. Thank you for worrying'' she grinned slightly elbowing my side as she walked past me. If she says so then they are fine I guess. I stood in the same spot for a second looking around. My eyes stopped when they landed on Taehyung. He wasn't seated at the table anymore, but actually on the dance floor with his bride to be Aria...... 

It makes me feel weird seeing them together. It's not a pleasant feeling at all. Taehyung was guiding her through the room. I noticed Aria messing the dance moves up to earn some laughter from Taehyung. It made me really annoyed to see that. I was about to look away until me and Taehyung our eyes met. He smiled at me......he smiled so sweet and gentle at me. Yet I dared to stare blankly back at him and walk away. 

He isn't doing anything wrong yet I feel a bit mad at him. Did he have to act so nice to her? 

I continued the night acting as a good handmaiden to everyone. Before I know it the night came to an end and so the party ended. Teya and I were just done with cleaning everything after the guests left. The king already left earlier before the party ended and Taehyung also left the room once the party ended together with Aria. I heard from some handmaidens that apparently Aria will be staying at the palace for a while. 

I sighed plopping myself on my bed, the room was so noisy having every handmaiden in here talking about the party. Times like these I wish to be in Taehyung's room. We would always talk a lot and his bed is way more comfortable than mine. I looked across the room to Teya her bed but noticed that she wasn't there at all. 

Perhaps she is with Jimin....?

----------------------------------------------

Minjae

Today was such a long day and I am glad that it's just over.

 Approaching Jungkook's room I didn't bother to knock letting myself in. Once I did I stumbled upon an empty bed-chamber.

''Jungkook'' I called out closing the door behind me. The movement of water caught my ear making me walk my way to the bathroom. Jungkook was comfortably seated in the tub while reading a letter.

''Is it from your dad?'' I smiled walking up to him. Jungkook and his father live apart and always send each other letters to keep in contact. He nodded his head smiling at the piece of paper in his hand.

''What does it say?'' I asked seating myself carefully on the edge of the tub. He handed me the paper granting me permission to read it myself. He scooted closer to the edge resting his head on my lap as I began reading the letter. 

Date: 04/07/1305

Dear son,

How have you been? You didn't write me that much lately, you have me worried. You're a grown man right now I know that too. But to me, you still are my little boy. As I am writing this letter to you, today marks the day your mother left our side. I'm still ashamed of how I couldn't keep her safe, and that I left you. May the gods be with her. The weather is truly astonishing today. I'm working hard on the house, but my body is not keeping up with my mind these past few days. I'm guessing your man is getting old. I can't keep writing for too long there is still a lot of work to do. Like I always say, stay healthy and strong my boy. I hope to be granted a letter from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Dad

I smiled reading the letter he received, his dad really treasures Jungkook a lot. I fold the letter back and smiled looking at Jungkook, he slowly smiled back before closing his eyes. I guess he was just tired because of the long night. I moved my hand through his locks making him lean his head against my stomach.

''Your dad is working hard on building that house'' I commented. Jungkook his father has been building a house for a while, but not for himself. He wants to grant it to Jungkook when it is finished. 

''Yeah, but that old man needs to take proper care of himself'' Jungkook sighed making me nod my head in agreement. The bathroom fell silent for a second until Jungkook opened his eyes again. 

''I hope the king isn't planning something regarding Y/N'' he spoke. 

To be honest this thought was on my mind the whole evening. 

The king noticed that Taehyung has an interest in Y/N. And by the looks of it, it seems like he has something up his sleeve. 

''We can't let our guard down'' I replied to him earning a yawn. 

''Take a good night's rest okay, I'm going'' I smiled standing up making him remove his head. Before I could walk away there was a harsh grip on my wrist pulling me back. I felt myself tumbling over the edge of the tub. A small squeal left my mouth feeling my butt harshly land on Jungkook his lap, my legs hanging over the edge of the tub. My dress was completely soaked.

Of course, Jungkook had a good laugh from what happened.

''You're gonna spend the night with me'' He smiled pulling me closer to him brushing our noses against each other.