Ch 38: May Justice Be Served

Taehyung

''I was walking past the gardens when I noticed two guards talking. I found it suspicious because no other guard was around nor do I remember that there were soldiers put to patrol there. The scene changed drastically when one of them suddenly attacked the other stabbing him in his chest. He ran away from the scene and I went after him....but unfortunately, I lost him. When I wanted to go back to the scene I encountered Teya. Who told me that Y/N's has been taken away by soldiers.'' Jimin spoke sharing his story with us.

''But why would he kill him? It doesn't make sense....''  he continued. This was also something I'm very confused about.

''If some princess orders him too, he will'' Minjae interrupted. All the heads in the room turned to her and I could see a sour expression portrayed on her face.

''I swear I never liked her from the beginning'' she muttered balling her hands into fists.

''Who are you talking about?'' I questioned her. Her head shot up and her eyes burned with anger.

''That doll of yours, Aria of course! I noticed the way she looked at Y/N since day one. She is just jealous because of the bond you have with her. I'm positive this is her plan to get rid of Y/N.'' Hearing Minjae says this made it feel like getting hit by a rock. 

How could I be so stupid and not know this...So this is all because of me?

It all made sense......Especially since Aria called Y/N to my room yesterday. I'm sure she has threatened her to stay away from me.

''It's all gonna be okay...I mean Taehyung is the prince. He can just order them to release her.'' There was so much hope in Teya her voice but unfortunately, all I could do was lower my head.

''He might be the prince, but he isn't the king. I'm sure by now the king already knows about this matter and he won't set her free that's for sure. The king his words are final Taehyung doesn't have any saying in this.'' Jimin explained to her. 

''T-Then what are we gonna do?'' Teya muttered while all of us fell silent, lost in our thoughts. 

''There is only one thing we can do. There will come a trial....we have to defend her. We have Jimin as a witness although I'm sure that Aria has many ways to make this turn out her way.'' Minjae sighed. Everyone agreed nodding their head. For now, all we can do is wait for the trial that is gonna take place. I cleared my throat making my way to the door.

''I'm gonna go see Y/N'' I informed making sure to close the door behind me.

---------------------------------

Y/N

Here I was locked up in a cell, it felt weird. I haven't been in a cell for a long time. Nothing is worse than the jails in Ozryn. Being in this cell here was rather comfortable. I noticed how some of the guards outside my cell stopped talking with each other and straightened their backs. The moment they greeted their King walking this way my breath stopped. 

I'm done for...

That was the first thing I thought. 

Words spread so fast to the king, but I'm sure that Aria was the little bird whispering this to him. I know that this is Aria her doing....she just wants to get rid of me because she sees me as a threat. 

I stood up from the ground blood still staining my dress and hands. Once the king reached my cell door I bowed my head greeting him.

''Your grace'' I muttered calling out to him. He smiled while tilting his head to the side.

''I didn't know that you are such a fierce girl. What a pity I actually was starting to like you'' he smiled assuming this really was my doing. 

''Don't count on my son to get you out of this. He has no saying....tomorrow will be your trial if you find a way to defend yourself then I guess you're lucky. Otherwise, you can choose to get hanged or beheaded'' he smiled. That's all he had to say before leaving again. Just when I was about to sit down again I heard another pair of footsteps coming this way. My eyes widened when I locked eyes with Taehyung. 

''Your eminence'' The guards bowed greeting Taehyung. 

''I would like a moment alone with the suspect'' he ordered clearing the room of guards.

''I'm sorry'' I muttered as soon as he reached my cell.

''Don't be.....this isn't your fault. Aria set you up and we know it, but don't worry I won't let you die......we will find a way to defend you. We have Jimin, he saw that another guard stabbed him before you came.'' He explained but it didn't give me any hope. 

I'm sure Aria has something up her sleeve. Besides, it's not a lie. I did kill him after all.

''But I did kill him'' I muttered while Taehyung clasped his hands around the iron bars of my cell.

''He was dying Y/N....you just ended his suffering earlier'' he spoke trying to make me feel better.

''What did you do to his body?'' I asked for some reason my eyes never dared to look at Taehyung. So they remained focused on the ground.

''We are gonna bury it'' he answered me. I clenched my jaw feeling my lips tremble.  

Why am I suddenly feeling this hit of emotions?

''He was going to be a father......and they stabbed him...'' Words couldn't explain how angry I was at this moment. 

How can Aria bring innocent people into this? 

Taehyung didn't say a thing and the room fell silent. I'm sure he was shocked by what I informed him. 

''I'm gonna kill the person who did this....'' Right at this moment, anger was getting the best of me. I know very well that if I would, nothing good will come afterward.

''Y/N you shouldn't let your anger get the best of you. We will get revenge for sure....but right now your life is at stake. That's what we should focus on right now.'' I nodded my head at his words not saying a thing. 

''Make sure to stay put tomorrow...don't say a thing. I promise you I will...I will make sure to keep you safe.'' Taehyung muttered. I didn't feel like myself right now. The only thing I could think about are ways to get back at Aria...

''Taehyung.....'' I spoke finally finding the courage to loop at him.

''Are you mad at me?'' I asked him. He replied to me with a smile while gesturing to come closer. I walked my way to the iron bars. I felt my eyes widen watching him stretch out his arm between the iron bars. It landed on my left cheek, cupping it gently. 

''Of course not.....thank you for ending his sufferings. For not letting him die alone'' I slightly bit my lips feeling that same painful feeling in my chest again.

''I promised him I would get justice for him.'' For some reason, I wasn't able to speak clearly. It was because of the pain in my chest that my voice started to waver. Taehyung smiled while placing his thumb rubbed against my cheek.

''We will'' he smiled warmly at me.