Ch 54: The First Step

Taehyung

After I explained my plan we all took on our positions. It's obvious that my father would see us off in order to make sure we are obeying his words. We wouldn't leave this place without a fight, so I reached out to Yoongi. Apparently, Yoongi informed us that he knows some people here and there that would help us out in exchange for gold of course.

Right now we need to get all the helping hands that we can.

The plan goes as follows. First, we have to know which ship will be ours, once that is confirmed some of Yoongi his allies will hijack it. I can't have guards of my own kingdom on the ship knowing that they obey my father at all costs.

As the hijack is in motion, we will escape from here. Yoongi will come to our aid with the rest of his allies to help clear a path. All we have to do is get away as fast as possible. Most of the soldiers are patrolling outside the wall from what I have heard. This would make things a lot easier for us. This also means we need to escape before nightfall, they will be retrieved by then.

Our escape plan will be chaotic for sure but I just hope that no one gets hurt........I looked at the gates of the castle praying that our plan would work. Shortly after I heard the loud noise of horses approaching. Jungkook jumped off his horse the moment he arrived to bring me the news.

''And?'' I whispered not wanting other guards to catch our conversations

''The one with the bright red flag'' He reported to me informing me about our ship. Jungkook's task was to bring our luggage to the ship in order to see which one was gonna be ours.

''The captain?'' I asked him wanting to know who my father had assigned in charge of the ship.

''The cocky white dude. I never liked him anyway so today must be my lucky day'' Jungkook spoke followed by a small chuckle. Before he could walk away I grabbed his arm stopping him. No matter how I think about it when I see Jungkook all that comes to my mind is Minjae.

''How are your injuries?'' I asked noticing how Jungkook was seeming to do better.

''Better the pain isn't that bad'' he smiled reassuringly. I nodded my head before slowly letting go of his arm, but he noticed that I wanted to ask something else and remained in his spot.

''You.....Did you talk to Minjae yet?'' I asked hesitantly. 

I know that the relationship between Minjae and Jungkook is something I shouldn't meddle with, but having them be distant from each other makes me feel unpleasant.

''That's not of your concern your eminence. Don't worry and just focus on the plan'' His hand rested on my shoulder massaging it a bit. He noticed that it bothered me, but still.....he didn't want to think about it right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was time......

''Yoongi'' I spoke surprised noticing him in my room. In his hand was one of my books that was put away on a shelf a minute ago. He carefully skipped through the pages as if he stood there for hours already.

''H-How did you get here so fast?'' I whispered hastily while closing my chamber door on a whim.

''Let's skip that. Are you guys ready?'' he asked me making me nod my head.

''Everyone is in position the only thing that is left is to lock my father for how long we can. Where are your men?'' We couldn't possibly let my father walk around loose while we try to escape. The plan was to lock him in his room for how long that will hold. Guards will be coming to his aid like the light of the day so it won't take long before he would be free again. But perhaps this will buy us the time we need.

''Two are clearing the hallway right now while the others are in position'' He informed making me nod my head.

I'm nervous...

''Let's go....'' I breathed trying not to let the nerves get to me, while I rested my hand on the handle of my sword that was attached to my waist.

''Don't worry your eminence. We will make sure you guys get away from here'' Yoongi smiled patting my hair like a little kid before opening the door and leaving the room. I took one last deep breath before catching up with him as fast as I could. So far the hallways seemed empty. 

I know that most of the guards aren't here at the moment, but seeing not even one......feels a bit weird.

''He is in his room right?'' Yoongi asked me asking about my father's whereabouts. Before I came to my room I checked that matter myself. Yoongi and I would be handling my father and head out while the others are already positioned at the gate to leave once chaos breaks out.

There it was the big familiar door which I despise so much. Just remembering the days I was still young and stood in front of those doors with weak knees just because I was scared to see my father. The control he had over me when I was younger was something that made me feel so stupid. 

Why? Why did I just obey him so blindly? 

But today will be different. I will be looking at that door knowing what's behind it and become stronger and the day that I retrieve the one whose room will be behind it won't be my fathers anymore. It will be mine.

Seeing two unfamiliar figures jogging toward Yoongi and me made me freeze for a second. The moment they reached us they bowed their heads with a smile. They both were strong build males, large muscles wrapping around their arms. One of them had long dark blonde hair falling down to his shoulders. His clothes were made out of fine leather excellent for battle. The leather kind works as a great armor but feels light on the body as well making it comfortable during combat. 

These guys sure earn their money well. 

The other one had a short haircut while a tattoo was inked in his skin from his neck down to his back disappearing under his armor. By the looks of it, it looked like the tail of an animal. His dark brown hair color turned out to be the same shade as his eyes, unlike the other ones whose deep blue eyes complimented his blonde locks fair.

''Your eminence'' they both greeted me allowing me to return the bow.

''It's a pleasure to meet you'' The dark-haired one spoke. Their personalities seemed nothing like their appearances so far.

''The pleasure is all mine ......uhm''

''Oh I'm Munhe the blonde one is Sazai'' he pointed out making me nod my head with a smile.

''Introductions later did you guys find something to barricade the door with?'' Yoongi interrupted making me hold in a smile. 

His personality is just so amusing and interesting in a certain way.

''We cleared the hall as you asked without anyone noticing. So no guards around here....''

''Oh your eminence don't worry we didn't kill anyone they are just unconscious'' Munhe interrupted quickly shooting me a smile.

I slightly smiled shaking my head.

''Thank you for telling me.'' And here I thought they were some grumpy big men. 

''About the barricade. We are gonna use the 9 feet statue that we saw in the hall'' Sazai informed making my mouth fall open. 

The 9 feet statue is made of the finest and most expensive stone there is along with golden accents. From how I see it 4 people can in no way lift that!

''Okay great......Let's do this'' Yoongi announced making me swallow down the huge lump in my throat. 

I'm really taking this step.