Ch 21: We Are Moving Closer

Y/N

I sighed at the sight of Jimin leaving the room in anger. The only thing I could think about was how he is upsetting Taehyung with his behavior. His Infernal wouldn't feel pleased either. She seems like a nice girl, but also someone who isn't aware of the danger when it's lurking around the corner.

"Don't worry Teya. We will teach you everything" Taehyung smiled at her. 

He really is like a copy of Sheria. Her kindness is reflected in him.

"Actually we need to inform something important to you both. Y/N...... Teya. It's the king his birthday in a couple of days. Like every year there will be an enormous party held in the palace. Important people from all over the world will attend. One of them is the king of the South and his family. The thing is the handmaidens also attend the party to serve the guests. It's important that both of you stay out of the sight of the king. Up till now, he hasn't seen you both and we would like to keep it that way. Y/N and Teya this goes against your thoughts for sure, but on the day of the party, you guys need to stay away from Taehyung and Jimin. We can't have anyone thinking that you are more than just handmaidens. Do you guys understand?"

I observed Minjae well enough to know that she is trustworthy. I hate the fact that I need to stay away from Taehyung, I can't make sure he is alright that way, but maybe this time I just have to obey and listen. Instead of doing what I want.

"Very well. As the high commander wishes" I bowed. Teya nodded her head agreeing too.

"Great. I will take care of your dresses for the occasion. Teya you can come with me. It's better to start your etiquette lessons as fast as possible.''

Teya just shyly nodded her head and followed Minjae out of the room. Leaving only me and the two boys. I saw that Taehyung still had a hard expression on his face. 

Jimin is on his mind for sure.

"He will get over it. He just needs to realize that not ever Infernal is the same" Jungkook spoke. His hand rest on Taehyungs shoulder and I noticed that it lifted his mood.

Doing those things helps?..... I guess.

"We shouldn't forget that their kind hurt his parents..." Jungkook continued. His eyes briefly met mine, but he shot me a small smile. It almost seemed as if he didn't want to hurt me with that sentence.

"You're right. The bond will make him feel a different way too. That's for sure. I feel it too with Y/N" Taehyung finally spoke back. Shortly after Jungkook left the room too leaving us alone.

"So... Did you ever attend a party?" Taehyung asked as he turned around to face me.

He is smiling but I'm sure he is still thinking about Jimin.

"Not even once" I stated as he walked up to his chair seating himself on it.

"Ah don't worry. You only need to serve the guests and most important stay out the sight of my father." He slightly pinched the bridge of his nose as if he was having a major headache.

"You are stressed" I analyzed walking up to him. He smiled and waved his hand as a no sign.

"No, I'm just worried about the par-"

"Jimin" I cut him off. I reached him and saw his smile fade away as he looked up at me. 

His eyes look sad is he that worried?

I reenacted what Jungkook had just done and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Why do you always read me so easily. I have no clue how to read you" he chuckled a bit just at the thought.

"Feelings aren't easy to hide. Not for humans nor for Infernals. You can't hide what you don't have" I replied. He didn't say a thing instead he kept looking at me. 

I didn't look away there was no reason to. It made me notice now what kind of dark eyes he has. Not the cold ones, but the warm ones the ones that make you feel.....reassured for some reason.

"Let me guess you observed what Jungkook did. To see if you could cheer me up" he grinned. I removed my hand feeling a bit embarrassed... Is that the feeling? Or is it just being awkward.

"It didn't help?" I asked. He smiled while his hand reached for mine guiding it to the top of his head. 

He is smiling like a little kid.

"Now stroke it" he spoke. I saw it as an order and did what he asked me. He slightly closed his eyes, his gentle hand still around my wrist.

"My mom did this when I was younger. When I was sad she would comfort me this way. You should do this instead of what Jungkook does" he explained to me. Stroking his hair...

 It's so soft and fluffy.

"Understood" I muttered focusing on his expression. He smiled softly leaning more towards me. He kept leaning until his head was resting against my waist.

"Thank you...for being by my side" he whispered while I continued stroking his hair. It made me think about Teya for a moment. 

I wish she would experience the same kindness I get from Taehyung, from Jimin. It makes life as an Infernal much more pleasing. Taehyung sees me as one of his own. He doesn't see me as an object but a living being and there did they go again. My lips turned into a smile but luckily this time Taehyung couldn't see.