Ch 28: New allies Or Enemies?

Y/N

An unpleasant feeling rushed over me when I made eye contact with the mysterious man in the distance. He was an Infernal, there was no doubt. The moment I blinked he wasn't there anymore. As if he has vanished into thin air. I turned myself around noticing guests calling out to me, to be of their service.

''Y/N'' Teya whispered grabbing my hand firmly after I was done refilling my tray with glasses of wine.

''You know too'' I whispered back and she nodded her head. She was really worried I could see it. We both stopped our conversation when the music changed to an elegant and classical song played by the orchestra. People suddenly got off their seats and joined the dance floor. Male and females dance together to the soft tones of the music. I noticed Jimin looking at me and Teya from afar, but when I looked at her she was facing the floor. She seemed kind of upset and it made me wonder. 

Did something happen between them?

''Are you and Jimin okay?'' I questioned her. I never really cared about someone else's well-being, but weirdly enough I did when it came to Teya. She was a friend of mine after all........

a friend.

She weakly smiled and nodded her head before walking away. I shrugged it off for this time and decided to focus on serving people, and of course, keeping in check about the other Infernal that is lurking around here. There is no way that he left so quickly, but for some reason, I didn't feel that scared or alert. It seemed like he didn't come to harm anyone. Of course, I don't know for sure, but thats just the feeling I got when our eyes met.

I turned around wanting to pick up the tray of drinks to continue with my services. Before I could even touch the tray there was a hand holding my wrist. I know very well who it is, it's him, but making a fuss right now by blocking him off would make all the eyes in the room appear on us. That was somethig I have to avoid. 

Just what do you want?

I got dragged to the dance floor and when I finally turned around our eyes met for the second time. His hands grabbed my waist firmly while my hands were on his shoulder, being in the dance position. His grip on my waist tightened while he leaned in.

''So tell me what is an Infernal doing here attending the ball?'' he whispered only for the both of us to hear. I clenched my jaw putting pressure on his shoulders where my hands lay. His eyes twitched feeling the pain.

''I could ask you the same thing'' I fired back making a small smirk appear on his face. His dark brown hair was neatly combed to the back while he wore clothing made of fine silk.

Although he is an Infernal his status is high. 

We slowly danced along to the music not wanting to attract the crowd. I saw Teya clenching her hands nervously at the scene.

''So does my lady have a name?'' he asked guiding me through the room.

''Y/N'' I answered as he wished. 

Why do I not feel endangered around him...it's more like the same feeling I get around Yoongi.

''Yours?'' I asked making him smile. He slightly pushed me outwards before pulling me back in and grabbing me around my waist again.

''Namjoon'' he replied flashing a set of dimples. How is this person an Infernal?

''So tell me how did you end up here in the palace?'' he continued asking. He gently grabbed my hand in his spinning me around.

''And like a hand maiden on top of that,'' he added keeping our faces close. 

He sure has a lot of questions.

''Nothing of your concern'' I spoke before releasing myself and stopping our dance session. He followed me away from the dance floor and that's when I noticed another male approaching.

''Namjoon, you aren't causing trouble right?'' The unknown man asked placing his hand on Namjoon his shoulder. I crossed my arms observing the two. It was obvious, this person is the one Namjoon is bonded too.

''If I may introduce myself'' the man continued. He pulled his hand back and instead placed it on his chest before bowing to me. He knows very well that my rank is lower than anyone else in the room yet he still bowed to me.

''Im Seokjin I'm the Duke of the South, this is my right-hand Namjoon'' he smiled politely while Namjoon just scanned me from head to toe.

''She is an Infernal too'' Namjoon spoke making his master Seokjin'ss eyes widen. At that moment I felt my hands clench hearing him expose me so casually.

 He will get me in trouble.

''Oh...Who is your master if I may ask?'' Why is he so polite to me? Does he think I will be telling him that?

I was about to reply something until my shoulder got harshly grabbed. When I turned around it seemed to be a guard. 

''The king wishes for you to bring him some fruit'' the guard spoke to me, of course, Teya heard from a distance. Her eyes widend and I felt my heartbeat increase. 

I was supposed to stay away from the king as far as possible!

-------------------------------------------------

Taehyung

I stayed in my seat looking at all the guests in the room. Seating next to my father like this was so uncomfortable. I didn't like him in my presence at all, on top of that Aria was sitting next to me. I couldn't help but focus on Y/N. Every time I saw her helping guests a small smile appeared on my face. She was so polite to them all but the fact how much she would be hating it from the inside makes me want to laugh. 

She works so hard....just for me. 

''Taehyung my love would you like more wine?'' Aria asked me, but I couldn't focus on her voice at all. I watched Y/N being grabbed by an unknown guy. I know that Y/N isn't in a position where she can block him off, but something inside me fired up when they started dancing. 

Taehyung don't tell me you are jealous?! 

''You seem to look at her a lot'' My dad whispered under his breath. I instantly turned my gaze away from Y/N and held my breath. I know my father, I know him very well, and right now I ruined everything. My father motioned one of the guards to come to him. He briefly whispered something into his ear. When I saw the guard walking up to Y/N I shut my eyes for a second. 

I noticed Minjae and Jungkook glancing at me in a worried way. She didn't do anything wrong. It was me that made my dad pay attention to her. She seemed to have been talking to two other people. It was Seokjin the Duke of the South. Apparently, the guy that danced with Y/N before was with him. 

Why did they approach her?

''You have good taste my son'' My dad snickers before grabbing his cup of wine and attatching it to his lips. I looked at him for a short moment seeing his eyes scan Y/N from head to toe. I watched her walk her way to our table with a tray of fruit. 

What have I done.....

She didn't even look at me but I couldn't help and keep my eyes glued to her. She was looking so beautiful in her dress with her hair done so nicely.  

''Your grace'' She bowed with the tray in her hand once she stood infront of our table. 

''Come'' My father stretched out his hand granting her permission to get closer to our table. 

''You wished for me to bring some fruit'' she spoke and my father nodded his head. He pointed at the empty spot infront of him and Y/N carefully placed the tray down. It all seemed fine.

 He isn't gonna do anything right? This is it........

but it wasn't. I clenched my hands under the table watching his hand stroke her cheek.